illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Alliance changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alliance changes
    Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 16:42
I propose a new type of alliance system. instead of 1 alliance fits all system, you get to choose out of a few different options. This is going to be a long post so please bare with me. Also these numbers are just recommendations as in positive or negative bonus'. Also to ensure that people are very cautious about choosing the right alliance that works for them each specialty alliance's research in the field of their choice ie war=military that branch would see a 30% research speed bonus, however all other branches except for the first general branch would be slowed 30% so you get a speed bonus for your choice of branch but at the cost of all other branches. Additionally, it would cause the creation of an alliance research option, it would be at the capital and it would be the speed increase research and it would require more then just books, it would require resources of all 3 types as the higher you go in order to make it more expensive and timely. 

New types of alliances:
1. Training alliance: This will be for new players and a select few established players at a time, this alliance can only hold a maximum of 50 people at a time, with the exception of say 10 people with special ranks you can not stay in this alliance past 5 cities. The benefits of being in this alliance are, while in this alliance you can NOT get declared war on, additionally, you will get a 50% bonus on basic res production and a 20% bonus on research speed. This will improve people's abilities to grow while learning, and give people the incentive to branch out some. 

2. Trading alliance: This alliance is focused on trading and crafting, this alliance can hold 50 people in it. This alliance would have strengths and weakness', 
Strengths: Maximum caravan capacity for each fully developed city would be 700. additionally, res production for t1 and t2 res would be improved 10 times what it is now. Along with a total capacity in each city of 90 million of each resource when fully developed. You would also be able to hold 10 cotters per cottage and gathering capacity would be sped up. To protect from thieves and troops, the spells for defense would be greatly increased. Finally, the wine cost for each trader would be reduced by 50% for each trader. 
Weaknesses: Troops would be extremely weak a -80% bonus on all troop capabilities. 

3. Sovereignty alliance: This alliance would be based on an alliance type like roads for when pathfinding does come out, or something like that. This alliance can hold 75 people in it. 
Strengths: Cost of sov and sov structures would be reduced 40%, the amount of sovereignty would be increased to 250 buildings per city. 
Weakness: Troop Attack/defensive strengths would be reduced 40%. 

4. War alliance: This is for those who like to war. the amount of people in the alliance would be a maximum of 30 people. 
Strengths: Troop stats would be increased 20% and the effectiveness of each troop specialty building would increase 40% when fully developed. 
Weakness: Magic effectiveness is reduced 80% on all magic, additionally diplo strength would be reduced 30%. 

Magic alliance: If more magic ever came out there could be a development of this one. 

Diplomatic alliance: This is for those who enjoy thieving, Maximum like war alliance is 30 people. 
Strengths: Thieves can hold 80% more per thieve, and all stats for diplomacy would be greatly improved, also your ability capture enemy diplo units would be much greater as well. Also the specialty buildings would improve 40% when fully developed. 
Weakness: Troop stats would be reduced 60% 

Generic alliance: everything stays the same as normal including research. Alliance research Bonus' would be very minimal in each branch. 

Sister alliances: This would be a new option, this would formalize each alliance as part of the group of alliances. 
Strengths: You would be able to move from one alliance to another without leaving an alliance, loyalty(which i will get into later on) will be carried on from one alliance to the next with only a reduction of 50%. When an alliance declares war on one alliance in the group it declares on all of them immediately, without any input from the group of alliances (minus any attached training alliance).  The 10sq rule is ignored, same as confed. 
Weakness: Once a sister alliance is created it can NOT be undone without abandoning the alliance all together, you can NOT change it from sister to nothing and back again, it is PERMANENT this is to make people very selective of the alliances they choose. These sister alliances can have NAP's, however, no confeds would be allowed outside of the sister alliance. 

Alliance Loyalty:  The longer you are in the same alliance, the greater the bonus's you receive, the alliance bonus' will be multiplied by the alliance research, it is a small amount, not large. However, if you drop out for any reason, (even to capture a city) you lose the loyalty you have gained. ----For training alliances, other then the 10 people, the rest will stop gaining any loyalty once they reach the 4th city. Additionally, to stop prevent the gaming of the system, if any of those 10 move from any of the 10 assigned roles they will be forced out of the alliance immediately. 

NOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
If you move from one alliance to another, IE from a trade alliance to a military alliance, the moment you join the new alliance you will lose all benefits from the previous alliance. For example, you would lose all your caravans, and additional cotters and such. So be very careful on when you move. 
Additionally, for those not in sister alliances, if one confed is declared on by another alliance, you will be given 2 days to declare war on that alliance, if you fail to do so, the confed is automatically dropped and can not be reset for the duration of the hostilities. 

Last thing when covering alliances, these changes would improve the game play of people in these alliances, and reducing the amount of inactive accounts, due to the fact that it will be cost prohibitive to drop out of said alliance to capture cities and come back in, also it will force people to be choosy with who they keep and don't keep. 

New Exodus proposal:

I propose a new type of exodus: the WAR exodus. The benefit of this exodus is simple; the movement speed of the exodus would be 45 squares an hour, and the troop movement stoppage would be reduced to 2 days.   This is for war time situations, and can only be used if the alliance is at war, it can't be done within the first 5 days of a deceleration of war (a check to the power) This would be done by the simple fact that the city in question would lose any walls, and all buildings would be de-leveled down to level 3. Additionally, troops from this city for the next 5 days would suffer from a 60% reduction of attack strength due to being tired from the quick move. 

When coming up with this new idea I tried to make each one special and allow each person to choose their own destiny while giving strengths and drawbacks to each choice while making each alliance be very choosy on who they do diplomacy with. Please feel free to let me know what you think. I believe it should be with great reward comes great sacrifice. 

Lifeless View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lifeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 17:12
I am in full support of this, I find it very interesting and I hope this happens. 

You have my support Demdigs.

Lifeless
The Undead God, Lifeless
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 18:44
I think the idea in general for alliances to be able to choose specific benefits (and accompanying decrements) is a good one.  The exact proposed bonuses and penalties might be a little too extreme, but the general idea could add to the game in an interesting way.
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 18:55
Sounds  very doable, ... a set of standards for each type of alliance.. and adding a little speed up to the cause of each alliance. We definitely need some speed SOMEWHERE in this game.
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 19:34
I would say you should tie the benefit to some type of in game stat such as faction standing.  Seems a bit crazy that you could have 10x the number of trade units then when war starts everyone just jumps to the military sister alliance.  

demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 19:37
you would lose those vans and the extra storage space the moment u jumped alliances, and what i posted was just rough numbers, nothing in stone, if need be there could be an imposed delay between alliances. 
demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 19:40
And these are just ideas, the devs can take some and leave some, whatever they find feasible, I don't know what they have planned for the future, for all i know some of the updates could make some or all of this obsolete. but I can't read their minds. 
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathDealer89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 20:18
Now that I think about it, the bonuses could be built.  Think 1-20 with level 20 requiring millions of resources so the whole alliance has to send to the capital building.  
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 22:05
i can see people bailing in and out of alliances to suit the situation.  A leadership of 2 people could maintain 4 alliance types and shift players around.  This reduces alliances to pieces of rather powerful equipment. An alliance of 100 players could shift into 4x confed military alliances at the first sniff of trouble...
eowan the short View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eowan the short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 22:53
I think the military alliance type should receive some kind of penalty for trading i.e van capacity reduced and taxes are higher

I also think that the trading alliance should only get a -80% troop penalty against player troops- they should have no penalty against npc troops to allow people to craft.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic