FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

31AUG16 - Tournament, release notes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 00:24
Casualty totals for defender and attacker? or both somehow combined?  I assume the former, but just checking.
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 00:48
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Koda/digi - I totally understand that you didn't ask for the limited-data tournament API key, and you've made it very clear that you don't want to use it or code against it for future tournaments; as is absolutely your prerogative (and can I take this moment to thank you, again, for running the last tournament).

I guess that the most important question (from our perspective) is reasonably simple:

Is there anyone out there - obviously having a working knowledge of xml data, server polling, stats etc - who is willing and able to use the limited-data tournament API key to produce a player-run tournament?

Cheers,

SC

EDIT:  For the purposes of this question, assume that the tournament API key will indicate whether the attacker or the defenders 'won' the engagement and that casualty totals (but not troop type) are included.

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Casualty totals for defender and attacker? or both somehow combined?  I assume the former, but just checking.

I would hope they wouldn't combined the Casualty totals. Because that would be very boring Tournament page.
Date:Coordinates:Attackers:Defenders:total Casualties:Winner:
17.06.2016 23:42:30-786/-2393 (Aindara)Larry (Shrapnel's FDU)Flatfisher (Toothless?)243Attacke

@SC would the tournament API key  only show the casualty? Np SC i was very happy to do the first ever server wide player Tournament. I learn that my hosting was crappy and I needed a new one. I also learn some coding stuff to. I hope you guys learned some stuff to

Edited by kodabear - 25 Sep 2016 at 04:26
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2016 at 10:39
SC - can you give me some figures on the network traffic for the tournament? I appreciate it depends a lot on the number of people taking part and how active each of them is but I'm trying to work out what type of hosting I would need to be able to offer a tournament - I do know that my current hosting would not be up to it but without some sort of idea on the needs I can't go any further.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 01:20

As far as I understood from the original 'spec' (as such), you guys were looking for something like:

<outcome>
  <outcometype id=1>Attacker Victory</outcometype>
  <attackercasualties=123456>
  <defendercasualties=78>
</outcome>

... as it is my understanding that this is what was/is wanted.

Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

SC - can you give me some figures on the network traffic for the tournament? I appreciate it depends a lot on the number of people taking part and how active each of them is but I'm trying to work out what type of hosting I would need to be able to offer a tournament - I do know that my current hosting would not be up to it but without some sort of idea on the needs I can't go any further.
I'm afraid I can't, Tensmoor.  We have no way of sensibly separating the "tournament" CPU/RAM/bandwidth requirement from the total used to run the game; as they all occupy the same logical server cluster.

I think koda and digioso - having run a tournament-only reporting server themselves - would have an infinitely better idea of what hardware and bandwidth is needed to run it sucessfully.

Regards,

SC
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 01:40

As far as I understood from the original 'spec' (as such), you guys were looking for something like:

<outcome>
  <defendercasualties=78>
</outcome>

I had guessed as much this what it is going to look like.  

Originally posted by Tensmoor Tensmoor wrote:

I'm afraid I can't, Tensmoor.  We have no way of sensibly separating the "tournament" CPU/RAM/bandwidth requirement from the total used to run the game; as they all occupy the same logical server cluster.

I think koda and digioso - having run a tournament-only reporting server themselves - would have an infinitely better idea of what hardware and bandwidth is needed to run it sucessfully.

Regards,

SC

I can only give the bandwidth  that the website used. which i did post here.

Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2016 at 10:25
Thanks for the reply SC. Asking was a longshot but as my mum used to say - if you don't ask you don't get Tongue

I'm currently in the process of sourcing and setting up a server to run tournaments from and will then (hopefully) be working with Digioso to install his software and get it configured. At the moment everything is very much up in the air but the idea is that eventually we will be able to offer a system where people will be able to set up and run their own tournaments from it.
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 03:20
IS this about what the limited API key will show SC?
<tournamentcombatevent>
<server>
<name>elgea</name>
<servercountrycode>gb</servercountrycode>
<serverlanguagecode>en</serverlanguagecode>
<serverlivedate>2010-02-21T21:53:01.190</serverlivedate>
<datagenerationdatetime>2016-09-29T02:11:46.897</datagenerationdatetime>
</server>
<personalcombatkey id="AQAAAMzaN9f2foutLrS-od2_XRK0Jp0EdUgYQEaJiWNWuB4cd0-BMKg0Vx0="/>
<uniquecombatidentifier>
<server id="elgea"/>
<combatguid id="51E655AB-CF3F-4A9F-B6BD-FEBF34CF054F"/>
<troopmovementevent id="160493217" occurrence_datetime="2016-09-02T20:51:24.980"/>
<datacomplete id="1"/>
</uniquecombatidentifier>
<combatoverview>
<location>
<X>85</X>
<Y>-22</Y>
<terrainspecifictype id="30">Scrubland</terrainspecifictype>
<terraincombattype id="7">Plains</terraincombattype>
</location>
<datetime>
<armymovementbegandate>2016-08-31T22:13:45.987</armymovementbegandate>
<combatoccurrencedate>2016-09-02T20:51:24.980</combatoccurrencedate>
<occupationlengthsecs>0</occupationlengthsecs>
</datetime>
<stratagem>
<armyaction id="2">Attacking</armyaction>
<feint>No</feint>
</stratagem>
<defensedataincluded>Yes</defensedataincluded>
</combatoverview>
<participants>
<participant>
<role>Defender</role>
<player>
<playername id="187435">Wigan</playername>
<troopsfromtown id="267519">2 2 5 New Avalon</troopsfromtown>
<alliance id="35">
<allianceticker>vCrow</allianceticker>
<alliancename>Valiant Crows</alliancename>
</alliance>
</player>
</participant>
<participant>
<role>Attacker</role>
<player>
<playername id="237186">Kodabear</playername>
<troopsfromtown id="289820">02 Littlebears</troopsfromtown>
<alliance id="78">
<allianceticker>T?</allianceticker>
<alliancename>Toothless?</alliancename>
</alliance>
</player>
</participant>
<outcome>
  <defendercasualties=78>
</outcome>
</participants>
</tournamentcombatevent>
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 00:03

<outcome>
  <defendercasualties=78>
</outcome>

What will the outcometype  show if the battle was a raid?

Edited by kodabear - 30 Sep 2016 at 00:04
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 14:06
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

What will the outcometype  show if the battle was a raid?

I was intending outcometype 

id = 1 "Attacker Victory"
id = 2 "Defender Victory"
id = 3 "No clear Victory" 

Where id = 3 would be suitable for raid.

Does that suit?  And yes, your sample is exactly what will be returned.

SC
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 14:32
Yep, that looks fine. Thanks a lot. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic