illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphic contest-Strendur`s Army banner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Leinad__ View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leinad__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphic contest-Strendur`s Army banner
    Posted: 13 Aug 2016 at 00:14
Hello community!
I m writing here because this is somehow related to Broken Lands and i think it can be the right place but please, moderators, tell me if i` m wrong and move it where it belongs. My brother and I have recently founded an alliance, based in the Broken Lands, but none of us is able to work on graphic stuff; i had the idea of a small contest, with a prize payed by me, for the best representing `banner` for our alliance, the `Strendur`s Army`  ( https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Alliance/Alliance/1668)

There are a few lines to follow

1. The picture must contain a mountains chain terrain (Strendur-like); can be a real photo (modified or not) or entirely hand- made
2. The peaks must have snow but not too much
3. The picture must not be in the daylight; i want it rather `dark` and obscure-looking.
4. A castle may be somewhere on the mountains but must be with `no race look`, or better, not looking like if it belongs to a single of the races in game.
5. The name of the alliance must appear somewhere, but must not take over the image itself. Oh, the fonts must be attractive but not TOO much elaborated-something like the reddish one we actually have in the head of the page;
6. It must not contain the name of the designer, i will write his^her name in the alliance page to give credits.

A good example of size and originality required:
 VicToRix[VTX]`s banner : https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Alliance/Alliance/155     Wink

Prizes:
30 millions of gold for the best image,
15 millions for the secondary choice, that may still be alternated in the page with the 1st classified. 
Both the Prizes may be won by the same designer. The time limit is the end of the month, the 1st of september.
Answer to this thread to subscribe at the contest Smile you can send me the pic in game as a private message.

List of participants:
willd elff :  1 image
Iknight:  2
Lord Stanley: 1
Lonedrow: 1
---------
Humanoid: 2
Dartagnan: 1

I hope my English is comprehensible to everybody, if there is something not clear or not well written write to me and i ll answer/edit  as soon as possible  LOL

p.s. i ll keep this first page up to date adding designers and number of pictures sent.

We have chosen a winner but not the second place yet; we are truly in doubt about it, and will declare it later on, as soon as we solve the doubt!. About the first place, the winner is Lord Stanley ! Congrats!! ClapClap
Here the picture:

Edited by Leinad__ - 25 Sep 2016 at 14:17
willd elff View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willd elff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 12:37
well I am in :D but it wont let me upload my picture :/
IKnight View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 01:14
I will be honored to participate.
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2016 at 02:16
Originally posted by willd elff willd elff wrote:

well I am in :D but it wont let me upload my picture :/

What is it saying when you try to upload it?

GMR
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Lord Stanley View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2016 at 03:48
Welcome to Strendur.
Ache has a large contingent there.

I'll send you an entry as well.

Edited by Lord Stanley - 23 Aug 2016 at 03:50
IKnight View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 01:37
It won't let me put my pictures in an IGM
IKnight View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 01:43
I did not crop the pictures because I wanted you to choose how much of it would be cropped.

I figured you could crop off as much of the bottom as you like.

This one you could also crop off the bottom and some of the top.

I hope you like them!
Leinad__ View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leinad__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 13:38

This morning Rak and I have decided that there are not enough pictures to declare a winner, we have been expected a wider participation and so way more pictures; maybe the time frame of August and the almost 20 days of contest were a bit too limitating in order to obtain such a participation....

We eventually decided to delay the contest, but to give sign of appreciation to those who already sent the pic (those will still be IN the contest, of course) every designer who signed before the 1st of sept will receive 15 additional millions of gold in case of 1st price and 5 millions in case of 2nd price achievement. Since few of how you had problems sending me the pictures, keep them saved or upload them here; alternatively we will do it via e-mail and i`ll upload them; we want the images here on the forum :)
I hope 20 more days of contest (so, the end the 21st of sept)will be enough to receive some more pictures !!   :)
Humanoid View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humanoid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 23:35
I am happy to be in. I am making the banner. I hope that you will like it.
DArtagnan View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DArtagnan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2016 at 10:43
Take  a look at this.... it was  fun to play with

Edited by DArtagnan - 18 Sep 2016 at 10:51
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic