Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TOURNAMENT -- SHINE A LIGHT ON NF.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 10:23
Some little database optimisations can work wonders sometimes. :)
In some cases it might be better to NOT rely on the 3rd normal form of databases because that involves a lot of joining between different tables to get the data you want.
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 11:58
Originally posted by Digioso Digioso wrote:

Some little database optimisations can work wonders sometimes. :)
In some cases it might be better to NOT rely on the 3rd normal form of databases because that involves a lot of joining between different tables to get the data you want.

Ahh! The 'black art' of database design LOL
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 12:22
Indeed. :)
We've got a table for general reports, one for armies and one for divisions. The division table has the actual troop numbers. Getting that number means doing a join between the general report and the army table and then again with the division table. And that's taking way too long for the amount of data we have.
So I just added the troop and attacker/defender data to the general reports as well. Problem solved. :)
The army & division tables are still filled because with these we can provide more detailed statistics in case we want them.
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 12:56
the data for Laoshin - 907|280 - hasn't updated. Last recorded event is at 06:30:27
Although the table at the bottom appears to have up to date data
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 15:40
Originally posted by Yitshak Yitshak wrote:

the data for Laoshin - 907|280 - hasn't updated. Last recorded event is at 06:30:27
Although the table at the bottom appears to have up to date data

Do you know of any battles that have happen in between the the time you posted to 27.05.2016 06:30:27 (server time). (if you do please send me the battle reports so I can check what the issue is (code issue or missing API key issue)) Here is what i know that happen. At 27.05.2016 06:30:27 REX_GAMBIT (Crow's Nest)'s army clear the sq of eCrow troops and the army was set to just attack and then at 27.05.2016 07:57:24 The Colonist Empire  landed on the sq and didnt see any battles until 27.05.2016 13:15:13.

Edited by kodabear - 27 May 2016 at 16:03
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 17:22
Ah, ofc. If the tile was not occupied, there would be no battle when the next army arrived.

It just seemed like a long lul in the activity there. That tile has to be up there among the most contested so far... didn't expect it would be taken without a fight.

I'll check with the guy who landed there to see if it was unopposed, my guess is that nothing happened between crows nest attack and TCol occupy. Once again thanks. And by the way, the latest generation of the tourney site is super Clap

kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 20:20
Hello everyone. We are aware that sqs are now showing up as no one on them even though people are on them. We are looking into why this is and are working into fixing this
lordzeal View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordzeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 20:25
Koda you still need those reports? I should have them as I was on the sq til 13:55
lordzeal View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordzeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 20:28
Originally posted by lordzeal lordzeal wrote:

Koda you still need those reports? I should have them as I was on the sq til 13:55

Actually sorry there was no battles during that time frame, as I did land at 27 May 2016 07:57 and the first attack was 27 May 2016 13:15
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 20:28
If you are talking about the sq in Laoshin. No i dont
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1011121314 19>
  Share Topic