FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Combat API and its use in a Player Run Tourney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 22:34
I personally don't like the idea of limited-data tournament key. Yes they will work with King of the Hill Tournament but other type of Tournament they will be force to use the combat API key or the devs make new API key for everytime of Tournament. Having said that as long Digioso is fine with it and is willing to be in the work I am ok with it
Cilcain View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cilcain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 23:45
SC,

I appreciate that even in the absence of us agreeing on many points, you are willing to go ahead with the Tourney Key, so thank you.

Digioso - I'll be happy to work through the xml with you, I will message you separately.

Koda, I'm sure we will come up with something to address your concerns.

C

kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2016 at 23:53
the limited-data tournament key must include casualties doesn't matter if say what type of units but i do want the casualties as part of the Tournament 
Cilcain View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cilcain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 00:09
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">the limited-data tournament key must include casualties doesn't matter if say what type of units but i do want the casualties as part of the Tournament </span>

Agreed. It's the troop count we object to, not the casualties.

C

Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 00:28
GM Stormcrow, thank you for taking the time to listen to and interact with players.  To me, that is the most important thing that has happened here, and an example of what makes Illy such a great place to play.  Hard to find this level of engagement and frank exchange (from both sides) almost anywhere in the gaming world.

You rock!
palmz View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote palmz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 00:42
I agree the the data should not be so limited that the key will only work for this type of tournament. 

If it is done right the first time it may add a huge amount to the game, depending on how we (the players) use it. And that is my two cents added. Big smile
Tensmoor View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tensmoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 11:56
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

GM Stormcrow, thank you for taking the time to listen to and interact with players.  To me, that is the most important thing that has happened here, and an example of what makes Illy such a great place to play.  Hard to find this level of engagement and frank exchange (from both sides) almost anywhere in the gaming world.

You rock!

I have to agree wholeheartedly with Rill on this.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 12:46
The meaningful frank exchange of views gives me hope that an acceptable solution will be taken care of.  Hopefully this will herald an increasingly broader concept of "community" with the user base becoming increasingly involved in direction and development.  I think that, at present, the Illyriad gaming model requires changes to increase its stability, and these events give me hope that they will be addressed.  It is ultimately all about keeping customers happy and loyal by communicating with them and involving them.  Fingers crossed Eh? 
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2016 at 15:37
Originally posted by Cilcain Cilcain wrote:

Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">the limited-data tournament key must include casualties doesn't matter if say what type of units but i do want the casualties as part of the Tournament </span>

Agreed. It's the troop count we object to, not the casualties.

C

I think the best approach would be "What are the minimum data fields that need to be suppressed?" rather than "What are the minimum data fields that need to be there?" - as then the final key might have further applications outside a purely-KotH tournament.

Regards,

SC
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 08:51
My suggestion would be this:

For the combat report overview (API-Key):
<combateventsapi>
    <server>
        <datagenerationdatetime></datagenerationdatetime>
    </server>
    <player id=""/>
    <playerapikey id=""/>
    <combatevents>
        <uniquecombatidentifier>
            <server id=""/>
            <combatguid id=""/>
            <troopmovementevent id=""/>
            <datacomplete id=""/>
            <personalcombatkey id=""/>
            <combatoccurrencedate></combatoccurrencedate>
        </uniquecombatidentifier>
    </combatevents>
</combateventsapi>

Here it would also be nice if you could include the X/Y coordinates as well. Not only for the tournament API but for the normal API as well.
If a tournament only happens on specific squares we can skip reading unneccessary reports.
For the tournament API this doesn't really matter because it'll only provide reports for tournament squares. But it would be nice to have for the normal API.

Fot the specific combat report:
<combatevent>
    <server>
        <datagenerationdatetime></datagenerationdatetime>
    </server>
    <personalcombatkey id=""/>
    <uniquecombatidentifier>
        <server id=""/>
        <combatguid id=""/>
        <troopmovementevent id="" occurrence_datetime=""/
        <datacomplete id=""/>
    </uniquecombatidentifier>
    <combatoverview>
        <location>
        <X></X>
        <Y></Y>
        <terrainspecifictype id=""></terrainspecifictype>
        <terraincombattype id=""></terraincombattype>
    </location>
    <datetime>
        <combatoccurrencedate></combatoccurrencedate>
        <occupationlengthsecs></occupationlengthsecs>
    </datetime>
    <stratagem>
        <armyaction id=""></armyaction>
        <feint>Yes/No</feint>
    </stratagem>
    <participants>
        <participant>
            <role></role>
            <player>
                <playername id=""></playername>
                <alliance id="">
                    <allianceticker></allianceticker>
                    <alliancename></alliancename>
                </alliance>
            </player>
        </participant>
    </participants>
</combatevent>

Either: total casualties for the whole battle or casualties per side:
EG Defender(s) lost x troops and Attackers lost x troops

And we need to have an identifier which side is left standing after the battle.
<winner></winner>
EG:
0 = Attacker
1 = Defender(s)
2 = Both are left (EG after a raid)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic