FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Combat API and its use in a Player Run Tourney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Combat API and its use in a Player Run Tourney
    Posted: 24 May 2016 at 18:06
Something that the might be a good idea for the Tournament API key is to have it show armies that are set as "Is Covert ". and if are able to have some kind of report in the API key when an army is recalled
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 18:03
Yep, that's fine. :)
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 00:04
Yeah just realised that's probably what you meant...

Is that sufficient for you guys (obv with the same fields removed)?

kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 00:03
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

<participants>

<XML> snipped

Hi Koda,

Not sure what that xml snippet was related to, but as far as I know that's absolutely *not* what people want in this limited key, including (as it does) total troop counts, town names, army names, division names, unit types etc.

Regards,

SC

Does anyone have a combat report individual XML link from when they were attacked by a faction that they wouldn't mind sharing publicly?
That was part of a faction xml attack on a town
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 23:59

<participants>

<XML> snipped

Hi Koda,

Not sure what that xml snippet was related to, but as far as I know that's absolutely *not* what people want in this limited key, including (as it does) total troop counts, town names, army names, division names, unit types etc.

Regards,

SC

EDIT:  Oh wait... is that the faction attack return?

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 19 Apr 2016 at 00:10
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 23:05

Something that would be great, if you guys added when Messenger recall an army to the Tournament API.

That's not going to happen in the Tournament API as it's an entirely different dataset, format, and functional bucket to combat.

We are looking into producing a diplo key API for all diplomatic unit events including messengers, but that's a way away.  And then we can have a discussion about producing a limited version of it too, as well Smile 

Regards,

SC

I had guess as much it wouldn't be able to add to the Tournament API
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 22:57
<participants>
<participant>
<role>Attacker</role>
<player>
<playername id="-1"/>
<troopsfromtown id="-1"/>
<alliance id="0">
<allianceticker/>
<alliancename/>
</alliance>
</player>
<armies>
<army>
<armyname id="0"/>
<divisions>
<division>
<divisionname id="0"/>
<units>
<unit>
<unitname id="726">Warrior Chiefs</unitname>
<unitquantity>82</unitquantity>
<unitcasualties>82</unitcasualties>
</unit>
</units>
</division>
</divisions>
</army>
</armies>
</participant>
<participant>
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 22:51
Originally posted by Cilcain Cilcain wrote:

I would suggest that battle casualties are per side rather than for the battle as a whole – this would make reporting on the tournament more meaningful.

Sure, can do.

One observation though, the <personalcombatkey id> will need to have a different value to that returned from the current ‘combatreportsapi’ API, otherwise it would be possible to obtain the <personalcombatkey id> via the new tournament version of ‘combatreportsapi’ and then feed it into the existing ‘combatreport’ API and get the full data set.
Well, any player involved could of course have just supplied their full API key instead, but yup, can do.  

I just don't want any player thinking that because they have supplied a tournament-only API key, they have an expectation that the only data getting shared is what they wanted shared - because that's not necessarily the case.  If I ever hear "But I only supplied my tournament API key... why is all my secret combat info plastered across this tournament summary?", I shall refer said player to you guys to explain the logic behind it Big smile

(X,Y) co-ords from the first API is a good idea, as it will mean you do not have to execute the detailed process for squares you are not interested in (e.g. if someone in the future just wants to run a BL tourney)

As it's not needed for this tournament, I won't implement now - esp as the next one may have other requests/refinements.  But I agree that this would be useful.

What will this  limited data Tournament api key show if one of the Faction attack one of the Tournament Squares?

No idea, I'm afraid, but it'd be the same as whatever currently appears in the XML for an attack by a faction (at the listing level) and the same, but slimmed data fields as specified, at the individual report level.

Does anyone have a combat report individual XML link from when they were attacked by a faction that they wouldn't mind sharing publicly?

Something that would be great, if you guys added when Messenger recall an army to the Tournament API.

That's not going to happen in the Tournament API as it's an entirely different dataset, format, and functional bucket to combat.

We are looking into producing a diplo key API for all diplomatic unit events including messengers, but that's a way away.  And then we can have a discussion about producing a limited version of it too, as well Smile 

Regards,

SC

Edited by GM Stormcrow - 18 Apr 2016 at 22:53
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 21:28
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 10:22
What will this  limited data Tournament api key show if one of the Faction attack one of the Tournament Squares?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic