illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SHARK - SIN

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHARK - SIN
    Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 09:58
Out of curiosity, I see that SHARK (72 members) has split into SHARK (54 members)(Baynights) and an outfit called the Unbowed (7 members)(Halcyon).  Presumably 11 members are in limbo / cool down. I'm not a political expert by any means but what gives?
TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 13:57
From Looking through the Overall Global Rankings (the top 20-ish Pages, as SHARK usually was a top alliance, stands to reason has top players) i found a few other Shark members without alliances:

Promegeddon, left SHARK 1st February 2016
Venita, left SHARK 31st January 2016
Isxrule, left SHARK 27th January 2016
SRT8, left SHARK 27th January 2016
Iodi, left SHARK 1st February 2016

i dont know whats going on either, maybe The Unbowed [Unbow] agreed peace with SIN, or maybe starting a better fighting group for the SHARK coalition, as their diplomacy page reads:

The Unbowed

[Unbow]

RelationshipWithDeclared ByBeganEscrow
ConfederationThe Unbowed [Unbow]Invictus [VIC]01 Feb 2016 00:510
ConfederationThe Unbowed [Unbow]Darker Shade [SHRKr]31 Jan 2016 20:340
ConfederationThe Unbowed [Unbow]Dark Shade [SHARK]31 Jan 2016 20:310

and The Unbowed now has 15 members.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 14:55
retreat and regroup?
Bonfyr Verboo
Ptolemy View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ptolemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2016 at 16:49
Retreat would mean they're leaving the war, they aren't, war has been declared
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 06:21
I am guessing they realized that it is a numbers game. 3 vs 1 was still unfair so they needed to even up the numbers by making it 4 vs 1. It could also just be a move in dumping an inactive ineffective alliance and starting up fresh with just active members. It seems they have realized that war can be fun if fought with active members and less useless accounts. Perhaps the Unibrow alliance will become a great military pvp alliance like SIN. They probably still suffer from old grudges and habits but I am sure SIN can show them the way to the light and enlightenment.
Kaggen is my human half
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 15:29
Originally posted by TheBillPN TheBillPN wrote:

i found a few other Shark members without alliances:

Promegeddon, left SHARK 1st February 2016
Venita, left SHARK 31st January 2016
Isxrule, left SHARK 27th January 2016
SRT8, left SHARK 27th January 2016
Iodi, left SHARK 1st February 2016
as SHARK seems unwilling to contribute to the thread, i wonder if SIN would discuss whether or not these players are being persistently pursued.
Jejune View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jejune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2016 at 16:40
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

as SHARK seems unwilling to contribute to the thread, i wonder if SIN would discuss whether or not these players are being persistently pursued.

Hi, Angrim. I left a similar comment on the Times as I'll leave here: the migration of SHARK's active military accounts to Unbow, who in turn declared war on us, doesn't substantially change the war from our perspective, since we are still fighting the same group -- they're just bisected into two alliances now. 

The original aim of our war declaration on SHARK remains the same, which is to move them out of Newlands. None of the SHARK rank and file took advantage of our amnesty offering, so we will continue to move forward with military operations. 

All of the SHARK players who left for Unbow did so without securing individual peace terms with SIN, and as such will be subject to our PPP. We will engage them in the same manner as if they were still in SHARK. 

SIN will pursue both of those objectives concurrently.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic