illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Land claim wager

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Land claim wager
    Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:33
Care to specify which bigger alliances? I see none on the front page except SIN capable of enforcing anything and they already have a claim
Kaggen is my human half
OssianII View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OssianII Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 11:04
Go ahead and specify. Perhaps some of the bigger alliances might be interested this time.

Edited by OssianII - 13 Sep 2017 at 11:04
Alti View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2017 at 09:37
If I were to do this again, I would specify what was meant by a SIN-style land claim.  There are some unaggressive land claims out there.
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 10:52
lets try this again!

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Alti View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 08:04
It's been nearly a half year since I posted this wager - bets are off now.
Alti View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2016 at 10:20
I put up 30 million gold and change the duration of the wager to just this year (i.e., the gold will be to the person who accepts the wager if I lose the wager).  I expect that my winnings would become due (i.e., should be paid) if and when any such land claim is established.

30 million gold is the amount of compensation I got from Harmless? following their siege and capture of Flying Fortress Five in Coanhara.  I have 30 million gold in escrow with Resi.

Any takers?

Edited by Alti - 08 Apr 2016 at 10:28
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 23:23
If the stakes get high enough, I'm willing to try to get nCrow to make such a claim, if you will go halvsies with me on the proceeds.  Can't guarantee they'll go for it, but if the wager involves cows, I'll be highly motivated to make it happen.

Edited:  Apparently there were some people who are underestimating the number of cows I would require to go for this.  You may need to win the Powerball to make it feasible.

And I still can't promise my colleagues in nCrow will go along.

Moo!

Edited by Rill - 09 Jan 2016 at 02:00
Alti View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2016 at 12:26
To kick off the New Year:

[11:37]<Alain>I wager that this year or the next will see a SIN-style formal land claim in Elgea by a top-20 alliance

Anybody willing to take me up on this wager?  Stake to be determined...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic