Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who wants to wake up the heart of corruption?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: illy.. players who wants to wake up the heart of corruption?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [80.00%]
3 [15.00%]
1 [5.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Kyle B View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who wants to wake up the heart of corruption?
    Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 03:28
I want to see who all wants to awaken the heart of corruption again so we can all get corrupted tentacles :)           and also I wonder if we can (we as in all players of illy ) all make a joined effort to wake Audrey up. ( for the newer players Audrey is the heart of corruption ) I wanted to do this because of a person who did the same thing almost 5 years ago back in 2011. I want to do that again. to see the players of illy come together just because Clap if anyone wants to participate In doing this igm me in game or post a reply below Approve thank you all Big smile Handshake

Edited by Kyle B - 10 Dec 2015 at 04:46
Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 05:16
It has been almost a year since we last woke her... I would be willing to sacrifice some units to help make her perk up. It will be interesting to see how things go with the new limited-diplomat rules.

Edited by Alcie - 12 Dec 2015 at 06:27
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 17:27
I voted no. We now have awoken Audrey twice with no results. Unless people have credible plans to further the crafting quest, I don't see a point to spending millions of units just to have a few Melders run around the map.
Legoman View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 17:30
Maybe it has to be awakened a certain number of times?  Maybe 4, one for each race.
I am sure this quest makes sense to the devs since they made it, but on our end we are searching a pitch black 2 million sq ft warehouse blindfolded.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 18:31
There is something obscure that has been missed by the quest team. But it doesn't seem to involve awakening Aidrey, because that has already happened once since the first people got the city fog. There is no ruinous onslaught to be triggered, it appears, at least not under the prior conditions attempted.

As to what is missing, the only messages have been closely examined by a lot of people, and none of their guesses were yet correct.
Inferno View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Inferno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 19:54
Does anyone care to explain that quest in detail? as in what exactly happens each step of the way and how far people got with it?

I've read on that quest and what I got so far from what's on the forums is that once you have the tentacles the fortune teller warns you that X town is gonna get attacked by those flood thingies, I've seen that thread about coordinating defense for those who have gone that far but no one really followed up with what happened... checked the cities and 2 were gone, with the fog and tentacles in place, and another still in place with the fog and tentacles around it.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2015 at 20:39
Nothing happened. The HoC awoke, followed the usual sequence, and deactivated again.

We thought something would happen when the tentacles grew to a certain size, or the moon reached a certain phase. Nothing.
Kyle B View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kyle B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 05:15
while all very true about the quest why not wake her just because? or to get tentacles? ( cus have you looked at how much they are in the market? so why not do it just because? just to come together as a gaming community and beat the crap out of an evil heart? come on you cant say no to that.

Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 06:30
Originally posted by Inferno Inferno wrote:

Does anyone care to explain that quest in detail? as in what exactly happens each step of the way and how far people got with it?

If you want to email me in game, I can give you a detailed timeline if you really want. But... honestly nothing ended up happening as we expected after the first bit. As was mentioned before we missed something. What we think was true may simply be misleading.

As for waking Audrey in general, I don't expect it to bring anything new to light about the crafting mystery, but I think waking her once in awhile is always something to do and the newer players have never gotten to have fun collecting tentacles yet.

demdigs View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demdigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2015 at 07:27
If you want to wake audrey, I would like to make a suggestion, try sending units that require beer as part of the production. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic