illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Data requests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
Hugie View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 22:21
Would it be possible to get a download of every player's Score and Ranking in the things they get scores and rankings for?
Nirosu View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nirosu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2012 at 09:15
Any possibility of getting the terrain data of the map. Specifically the resource distribution data for each square? Probably have to broken up as I imagine it's a 4gb+ file.
HonoredMule View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HonoredMule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 15:42
I've noticed the external pages for user profiles are now gone.  Are they coming back?  The links for them still exist on the in-game profile pages, and I was intending to heavily rely upon them for some upcoming Arcanum-Illyria features.
"Apparently, quoting me is a 'thing' now."
- HonoredMule
GM Luna View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster
Community Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Luna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2012 at 16:02
We are working to fix the external profile links, hopefully for the next update. 

Luna
GM Luna | Illyriad Community Manager | community@illyriad.co.uk

Vanerin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanerin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 01:46
Were they planned on coming back in UIv3? 'Cause if so, they aren't there :P (At least, not that I can see)

If we can't have external profile links for now, could we have xml (or other datatype) feeds for ranks?
~Vanerin

Edited by Vanerin - 02 Jul 2012 at 02:00
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 02:50
Vanerin,
The ranking system is borked, there's little benefit from looking at it outside of the game.
Too many of the ranking sections are manipulated, and some have too many controls to improve on them.

Vanerin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vanerin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 03:13
Well, there are some certain rank categories that are much harder to manipulate. But even if they are all inaccurate, it could be interesting to look at the data. For experiments and such.

/me runs off to don her evil, mad scientist lab coat
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 03:36
GMs - this could be added easily to the playerdata file:

<playerdata>
   <server>
   </server>
   <players>
     <player>
       <playername id="63222">Sisren</playername>
       <allianceid id="436" />
       <allianceroleid id="2675" />
       <race id="2" />
       <ranking>
         <rank-score>300389059</rank-score>
         <rank-overall>1590</rank-overall>
         <rank-population>1739</rank-population>
         <rank-trade>1106</rank-trade>
         <rank-technology>1471</rank-technology>
         <rank-diplomacy>741</rank-diplomacy>
         <rank-attack>1034</rank-attack>
         <rank-defense>1727</rank-defense>
         <rank-quests>2879</rank-quests>
         <rank-magic>615</rank-magic>
       </ranking>
     </player>
  </players>
</playerdata>

Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 10:07
OT: Agree it's not needed, for reasons already given above. I'd add that to be effective in this game, you just need to be successful at the individual things you are trying to do, BUT there are more things to do than there are ranking 'skills'. Looking deeper into what can be done by a player in the game, we see that the sub-skills are independent of the others, so the rankings don't have much meaning.

To be pedantic, the <ranking> structure should be different in the XML, to incorporate both place and score for each 'skill'.
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 14:12
Originally posted by Albatross Albatross wrote:

OT: Agree it's not needed, for reasons already given above. I'd add that to be effective in this game, you just need to be successful at the individual things you are trying to do, BUT there are more things to do than there are ranking 'skills'. Looking deeper into what can be done by a player in the game, we see that the sub-skills are independent of the others, so the rankings don't have much meaning.

To be pedantic, the <ranking> structure should be different in the XML, to incorporate both place and score for each 'skill'.

what i have above can easily accomodate that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic