Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedServer War Map

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Stukahh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 17:20
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

It's nothing against you personally, Pellinell.  But I do find recent instances of people being sieged for expressing an opinion, e.g., aqrtz, to be a troubling trend.

Personally, I think it is self-defeating since one can perhaps kill an army or maybe even a city with another army, but one can't kill an idea that way.  I anticipate that eventually other folks will lose patience with people who do this, or perhaps the siegers will take offense at something while misjudging that person's strength.

Time will tell if I am right about the results of such actions.

Edited:  To avoid any misunderstanding, my defense of Biff/invictusa's freedom to post this information should not be taken as a suggestion that I see Crows and DSD being opposed to each other, on the brink of war, or particularly likely to have a war at any time in the future.  I do not agree with invictusa's idea or implication in this post, but I support his right to express the idea.

I seemed to recall a particular player in TVM expressing an opinion about Mona Lisa in the great war.  I don't remember you being the voice of restraint when said player was exterminated from the ursor territory by the hands of nCrow.  

If players want to post public opinions/ troll or otherwise verbally confront players in this game, I think you better be prepared to deal with ingame consequences.  

It's fair game.  
I don't always drink. But when I do, I prefer the blood of my enemies.
invictusa View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 20:31
Please stop derailing my thread.  Go insult me somewhere else.  If you are any good at making a map, message me ingame.  I am Biff as Sir A divulged.
...and miles to go before I sleep.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2015 at 20:35
Restraint is a principle best preached to others, and not implemented by example. Otherwise it would severely limit certain parties' participation in GC lynch mobs, vis a vis the rousing of rabble and the gleeful distribution of pitchforks and torches.

It remains curious that the standard of restraint, irony included, continues to be directed wholly at action and never at speech. Really, to the specific and complete exclusion of speech. Why shouldn't people be limited by good manners, and why shouldn't people take in-game action at poor manners? I have objected to many things on these forums and in private, and yet I have never come under attack in the game because of those viewpoints. I would venture a guess that it wasn't so much the content of the objection as the manner of its presentation to the audience.

Put another way: If you're gonna talk the talk, be ready to walk the walk. That seems fair in a video game.
KarL Aegis View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 03:55
It's happening.

Roman Empire, Trivium, and the Southern Cross vs Dark Shade

The Order vs Absaroke
I am not amused.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 14:19
The last two server wars have involved most of the top 20 alliances. I don't think you can label two small wars as a server war, or even the start of a server war.
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 22:00
I thought this was a thread about a map for the upcoming server war?  Has anyone seen the map yet?
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 03:58
Impish sarcasm doesn't go far on the forums, does it?  LOL

This might help!
http://www.outsideonline.com/1914751/how-cook-tough-bird

Edited by Neytiri - 10 Oct 2015 at 04:00
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
Agalloch View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 04:28
is that bird on the promised map?
Sun Tzu View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 14:36
I am so, so happy that this thread started a war!  Alas the forums are still good for something! :)
Jax View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2015 at 23:57
no server war, pls 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic