illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Player Run Tournaments

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ubluntu View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubluntu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Player Run Tournaments
    Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 01:57
I have the tech for Hunting Tournaments that basically run themselves (once each player submits their Combat Report API Key to a Google Form). Stats are displayed in a Google Spreadsheet that automatically updates every hour and each player is put into a 'League' (based on alliance role) so that players compete against other players of similar size.

Anyway, I am looking for an alliance to participate in a month long beta test. Interested alliances should contact ubluntu via IGM with a bid(in Gold) for the first external beta Hunting Tournament.

Here is an example(copy) from the first SkB Hunting Tournament.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 05:19
I think this is awesome and am trying to encourage some Crows to get involved.  I don't have the gold, but hopefully I can find a sponsor.
Capricorne View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capricorne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2015 at 19:22
Yeah! It seems very cool ! I'd be happy to join :)

ubluntu View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubluntu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2015 at 04:05
All bids must submitted(via IGM to ubluntu) before 2015-09-12 00:00:00. In the event of a tie, I will notify all tied bids by 2015-09-12 06:00:00 to submit a tie breaking bid.

Once a winning bidder has been determined(and 10% bid paid), I will provide the winner with a google form for combat report API Key submissions and a spreadsheet URL for current standings(auto-updated hourly). There will be a test/demo tourney from 2015-09-15 to 2015-09-22; with 2015-09-23 to 2015-09-28 being open to feedback before the real tourney.

Before the official tournament begins(2015-10-01) another 50% of the bid must be paid.

Once the tournament completes(2015-10-31 23:59:29), the remaining 40% of the bid must be paid in full.
ubluntu View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubluntu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 03:16
Bidding has ended and the Crows have won!

Participating Crow alliances should be receiving information shortly. Others should bug your alliance leadership about joining the fun :P

Also, a huge thanks to Rill for coordinating this.

Edit:To be explicit, this external beta is only open to official Crow alliances.

Edited by ubluntu - 12 Sep 2015 at 05:20
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 04:24
I'm really excited about it, ubluntu, thanks for setting up the code for this.  I hope to start a forum thread to describe tournament progress and commentary on the competition.  Target for the tourney is October -- more info to come!
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 04:38
This is cool!
ubluntu View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubluntu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 04:36
I am auctioning another Hunting Tournament for the month of January. Bidding will start at 1 billion gold and all bids must be submitted to ubluntu via IGM by December 15th. In the event of a tie, I will notify tied bidders to submit a tie-breaking bid.

As before, the winning bidder will be allowed to choose which alliance(s) may participate.

Thank you.
Pellinell View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pellinell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 22:08
Hunting tourneys are boring. PvP is where it's at.
Ptolemy View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ptolemy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2015 at 02:48

Can you make a tourney on PvP?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic