Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - did an account really need more than 10 cities?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

did an account really need more than 10 cities?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twilights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: did an account really need more than 10 cities?
    Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 14:42
did an account really need more than 10 cities? I am still on the fence on this....what are other players thoughts? what do other players believe is the purpose behind this expansion..I don't believe we were ever given a game explanation for the addition? maybe the devs should explain why it was needed and please players share their thoughts

Edited by twilights - 14 Jul 2015 at 14:43
TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 15:17
erm...we asked for it?

more than ten cities means that a player doesnt have to constantly switch between themselves and a n alt, and it also removes permasat accounts as they are absorbed into the mains. it also shows who uses lots of prestige, and who wants extra cities.

for as long as i have been in the game (about 1 1/2 years now) people have always been asking whether they could have more than 10 cities...
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 04:50
Some people want more than 10 cities.  Other people don't.  Just as there are people who don't have 10 cities yet (and may not be very motivated to reach 10), there will be some people who are satisfied at 10 cities and won't want to grow further.

That said, once the push is made for 10 cities, the additional population for 11 is not as strenuous as the jump from 9 to 10, so I think it's likely that we'll eventually mainly see a divide between people who have 9 cities and people who have 11 or more.  That remains to be seen, though.
jcx View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 06:44
I believe most players wanted to have more than 10 Cities.. 

The benefits of having more than 10 cities are:
  1. You'll double your res production (gold, t1, t2 and t3 res).
  2. You'll double your fire power capability - more cities means more troops.
  3. You can explore Elgea/BL... since you can modify each cities based on your preference, like creating a mil, craft, quest, trade, geo citiesl, etc.. You became limitless.. :)
  4. The funny part is when you are at war and the winning confed declares each losing players will lose 50% of their current number cities.. plot: If you have 20 cities - you'll lose 10 (50%) and left with 10 that's not bad at all. more cities will make you newbie ring proof. LMAO.
  5. Lastly, you'll be spending more time and ahem! (prestige) while playing illy because you have more cities that needs development and remember prestige points make things easier. :)
Lets not talk about the cons, we will cross the bridge when we get there. 

Happy building and grow more!
Disclaimer: The above is jcx|orcboy's personal opinion and is not the opinion or policy of Harmless? [H?] or of the little green men that have been following him all day.

jcx in H? | orcboy in H?
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 22:46
The main reason was to retain the prestige spenders - gives them something to do and they get more money - a valid game design decision.
twilights View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twilights Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2015 at 23:04
gosh they have to add something more to the game...research..quests...mysteries...more and better troop types....I hope they something more than sos....any response from dev ....hint hint hint
Jax View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 03:49
I don't got time for that :P But others do and I'm one of the "newer" players, so I'm okay with it. 
Ashleigh Jayne View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashleigh Jayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2015 at 16:10
I find the idea of having more cities more desirable than trying to juggle two accounts. As such, although I'm a small player with only one village, I look forward to being able to grow! :D
^^^ Ashleigh Jayne (AKA) AJJ
Mona Lisa View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mona Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 07:52
Originally posted by Dungshoveleux Dungshoveleux wrote:

The main reason was to retain the prestige spenders - gives them something to do and they get more money - a valid game design decision.

Most likely the only explanation, that coupled with the fact that "adding" it to the game required likely very little more than changing a value in a couple lines of code for the population needed at each increment... not exactly a massive investment in coding resources. 

It succeeded in bleeding a burst of prestige from me certainly, and I had hoped that something more was in the offing....   a vain hope given the resulting vacuum ...  all of the last series of game advances required little work on the technical side, and seemed like stopgap measures at best....  more akin to the little dutch boy sticking a finger in the the dike rather than actually investing the capital to rebuild it.

... its dripping again... and me thinks the little dutch boy is rapidly running out of fingers . . .
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2015 at 17:41
As a little dutch boy I know there's more things then just fingers you can stick in a dike. 

Maybe all you complainers should be thinking about the time you're allready playing this game. It's not easy to keep people interested in a single game for several years, no matter how much you change. Or it is fun for us veterans but no fun to new players. 

I don't think accounts really needed more then 10 cities. On the other hand I don't see any downside to it either. 

And to remind some of you: this year there have been several changes, and for me they've made things interesting again. Sorry if you get bored with it, and the changes made couldn't change that, but maybe it's just time for you to see other games. Or hope the devs got something left to stick in somewhere... Shocked

Edited by Corwin - 19 Jul 2015 at 17:44
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic