illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Illyriad Times

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>
Author
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 09:47
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

As long as one understands that and reads it primarily for amusement rather than information, then it is indeed an interesting addition to the Illyriad metagame.

Illyriad is amusement. I read it for information about my amusement. And offcourse it's written from a certain point of view. Everything that's written is. Except braille.
Illyriad Times View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Illyriad Times Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 10:03
Yesterday, the Illyriad Times had its biggest day to date, with 762 views, 136 unique viewers, and 5.60 views per visitor as reported by WordPress' Jetpack stats. Thanks to everyone helping to make the Times a fun, engaging fansite for the game!
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 12:54
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Neither is it a reliable source of facts, since it generally reports only those that are seen as positive or supported by one side.  The comments section is also heavily moderated to only reflect the views of the authors.

It is a propaganda piece published by one side.

propaganda:  the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

i'm sure Rill has some supporting information for this accusation, or else her own remarks would seem to fit the definition at least as well as does her target.
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Illyriad Times Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 13:15

SIN Initiates Siege on HumanResources in Pawanallpa; Fighting, Reinforcing Observed Around City

Edited by Illyriad Times - 09 Jul 2015 at 13:18
Ander View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 17:42
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

propaganda:  the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

So "spreading of information for the purpose of helping a person" and "spreading of rumor for the purpose of injuring a person" are propaganda? I love the word, but thankful that English is not my first language! :D

I enjoy reading Illyriad times. It is very cool!Thumbs Up
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gragnog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2015 at 18:04
Keep up the reporting. It makes for a great addition to the game. And to think without Land Claims this would have been a boring read. It is just sad that people try shoot you down instead of just enjoying the reporting and fun of it as it was intended to be.

One would have thought that some of the vets would have learnt by now that the forums and things are not the place to go if you want the truth. YOU WANT THE TRUTH? YOU ALL CANNOT HANDLE THE TRUTH.
Kaggen is my human half
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 07:13
Originally posted by Angrim Angrim wrote:

[QUOTE=Rill]

i'm sure Rill has some supporting information for this accusation, or else her own remarks would seem to fit the definition at least as well as does her target.

I do have supporting information, but so does the Illyriad Times, I am sure.

One major difference between my posts and that of the Times is that I am making them under my own name, and people can make their own judgments about my motivations.

'Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain.'
-- Albus Dumbledore

For the record, the small portion of my brain that is no longer inside my head can be viewed on slides at the University of California Irvine School of Medicine.
Legoman View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 13:23
And remember the words of Mark Knopfler:
"They're pointing out the enemy to keep you deaf and blind"

abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 14:26
/me prefers "Them guys ain't dumb"
Bonfyr Verboo
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Illyriad Times Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2015 at 17:29

HAVE CITY WILL TRAVEL: Ron Fay’s La Villa Strangiato Shows Up in Pawanallpa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>
  Share Topic