illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Buying Arterium Mines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buying Arterium Mines
    Posted: 24 May 2015 at 15:47
Ok, sorry. Any got any idea anyways?
Count Rupert View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 14:55
Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

I believe the 1000 unit capacity is Silversteel, not Arterium.

You are correct.  Arterium does not have anything close to the 1000 unit capacity of Silversteel or Obsidian.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 14:13
I believe the 1000 unit capacity is Silversteel, not Arterium.
Llannedd View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llannedd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 14:11
There are 26 arterium mines in Elgea and none in Broken Lands, so I would expect the price to be fairly high. If I remember from my previous incarnation, each mine has 1000 units (but I could be mistaken there).
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 14:09
To my knowledge, Arterium mines are located primarily in Tor Carrock and bordering regions, near Duraz Karag. There is a small handful of mines away from the main concentration. I would be interested to know how many have been located in The Broken Lands.

To sell a mine, I would look at many factors. The usefulness and rarity of the mineral could cause a 0.5-2x multiplier, maybe less or more. The market price at which the product actually sells in volume (not the unpredictable buy and sell orders) would need to be determined. And then the mine size, and how many trips could feasibly be conducted per day. Then I would put a price on the mine between 4-8 months (120-240 days) of harvesting, as Illyriad is a long game.

For Arterium, my very rough first guess would be: 1.5x (rare and very useful), 10000-11000 gold/unit, (size is 25, 50, 100?), (3 trips?), 180.

1.5 x 10000 x M x 3 x 180 = 8,100,100 x M

That would be about 200M for a mine with 25 Arterium and very good accessibility. For such a sum, more research would need to be done on the long term market price average. But dwarven War Axes are a valuable general-purpose attack item for dwarves, and you should have no problem selling all the Arterium you extract as raw metal or finished goods. You'd need to understand the liquidity of the market better before deciding on your price multiplier.

Orin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2015 at 09:42
Hi all. 

Does anyone have an idea of a realistic price that a mine containing 100+ aretium would actually cost?

And if anyone has one to sell in western BL, just give me a shout, but im more intersted in seeing what kind of a price the illy community would place a mine at.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 23:32
At current market prices, you are offering only 1250 Aterium to buy a mine. For such a pittance, I would expect a really lame mine with only a handful of Arterium to harvest.
Bobtron View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobtron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2015 at 22:11
I am looking to buy Arterium mines in Tor Carrock, which I can encamp an army on. The mine just has to be in Tor Carrock, regardless of coordinates. I am willing to pay 10 million gold for every mine. I can buy up to 3 mines.
I support the Undying Flame!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic