illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Fortress of Shadows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 15:35
I have sent 2k of each type of diplo to the fortress and received the same messages as others. Also I have sent traders to the hubs associated with the fortress thinking that if relations could be improved through trading it might help , but nothing has changed I still get same message .

Just here
Hyde View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 17:46
All the mysteries seem a little neglected - we don't even know if it can be solved currently or wait untill the introduction of full faction release where you can change your standings.

I've never heard a dev say it's solvable, so I'm guessing that it isn't. And if it is, a small hint is badly needed as I'm guessing over the years hundreds of players have tried and failed.

Edited by Hyde - 11 Mar 2018 at 17:48
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 20:13
Originally posted by zap zap wrote:

I have sent 2k of each type of diplo to the fortress and received the same messages as others. Also I have sent traders to the hubs associated with the fortress thinking that if relations could be improved through trading it might help , but nothing has changed I still get same message .

Zaps,

Were the diplos T2?  Which "hubs associated with the fortress" did you try to send your traders?

I'm having a hard time distinguishing between what is "lore" or backstory in the game and what indicates that there is a quest/mystery to be solved.

Was the Fortress of Shadows ever used as another part of the game?  Like a previous tournament?
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 21:49
Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

I'm having a hard time distinguishing between what is "lore" or backstory in the game and what indicates that there is a quest/mystery to be solved.

Allembine had a Herald announcement and shows up on the Mystery tab.

I am not aware of any faction backstory indicating a quest that can be completed. Am I wrong about that? I mean really, there are only three we know about: the heroic statues for the Allembine Scribes, the very convoluted ultimate item quest (FT, Duraz Karag, Audrey), and the Temple of Reason. While there are many tantalizing references and some special map locations, none of those seem enabled for quests.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 22:09
I send T1 and T2 diplo's 2k of each separately and together in groups . Of all types . The Hubs I sent traders to were The Hashashin and Apaxu hubs I left traders there for almost a year and did some trading to pay the taxes to the hubs for the trade thinking that in the messages is said "only the friend of the hashashin can enter" hoping to get better relations with them but after a year I recalled my traders . Which no improvement of standing has shown up .
Just here
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 00:44
My servants have been instructed to protect their secrets jealously. Only the worthy shall learn the ways of Ten Kulch.

Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 00:48
thanks Ten I could not find the system mail was so long ago .
Just here
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 05:26
Does it look like the game messages at the beginning of this thread?
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 16:34
Quote "Only the closest allies of the Hashashin may enter. If you are not amongst their allies, you should be pleased: to be allies of the Hasashin is to lose your souls to Ten Kulch!"

This is the closest thing I see to being a hint.  We know at this time that faction standing cannot change.

I've been working on diplo efforts against the only hub of the Hashashin (sorry 10k), Lannigold's Laresh, Triumvarite's Lacona, and Raju Metu's Glory City hubs.  All have been T2 (human) and messengers.  Nothing has come back as being unusual.  Only my spies reproduce the message in the original post when being sent to the Fortress of Shadows.

Has any elves tried diplo'ing these hubs?  The Hashashin doesn't seem to hate or favor much, but the elf race does have a small positive standing.  

I don't reside in any of the regions near these hubs, are encampments and other movements regular for these factions?

I've not recorded any specific detail regarding time, calendar, or lunar phase in my efforts.

Edited by Wartow - 12 Mar 2018 at 16:35
zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 04:21
Yes 10K it does look like the thread .

I have resent trader to the hub along with t2 diplo's to fortress of shadows.
Along with something else I will try when I get report I will post .
Just here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic