illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Fortress of Shadows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 09:46
Season/Moon/Day phases should be considered when sending diplo/trade missions to these places, if I read correctly the hints in Seelie/UnSeelie faction stories…
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 19:23
If you guys run more experiments, I would politely request that you record the results on the forums for posterity.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 21:41
1 What race were the 50 assassins?
2 What level were the 50 assassins?
3 Did the city from which they were sent have all diplomatic research complete?
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2015 at 21:42
4 Did the city from which the assassins were sent have an Assassin's Abode?
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 00:25
5 Did asassins from that town already succesfully kill one or more enemy commanders?
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 08:09
I sent 1800 assassins to the fortress. this was the message i received: 

Your diplomats cannot gain entry to the silent fortress. 

The doors remain barred to them; none will speak to them - and they can find no other way in. 

Your diplomatic mission is heading home.

1: doesn't really make sense imo, because i don't think there's specific race quests, but the diplomats were human
2: makes even less sense. if you mean level consulate that's 20, but i have no idea how i could level diplomats
3: all diplo research is done in that town
4: there's assassins abode (lv14)
5: the assassins have allready killed dozens of commanders in the past

Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 12:38
level = t1 or t2 assassins
Corwin View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Corwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 15:31
ofcourse. was t2
Dragon Disciple View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragon Disciple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2015 at 17:39
Nice to see everyone getting involved. Thanks to all!

IbnSenna, Greenhorn (and/or others)- do you have any more details about the particular season or day? Or the phase of the moon, for that matter... (I did read in the faction description of the Unseelie Court that the light of the first moon is referenced too.. What is the opposite of that on the calendar? Could someone send diplomats on both those times?)

I doubt the Year is important in the mystery, as it wouldn't seem fair to people who had joined after the release of it not to be able to complete it. However, this is a possibility, but let's hope not.

Greenhorn, your previous post indicates your troops were sent in mid-November 2014. I was not playing at the time, but do any of you golden oldies know what season that was?

Dungshoveleuh: Thanks for bringing up these questions. While they may seem obvious to some players, others might find it difficult to understand. However Corwin has done a great job in answering them, so thank you both.
One issue I disagree with in Corwin's comment, however, is about the races.
The races are something very intriguing in Illyrial lore: they keep intertwining, yet remain separate and distinct enough from each other to be disassociated.
For example, in the description of the Wen Kun Dynasty (I believe), the dwarf author keeps assuming all the constructions and architectural structures are dwarven, though the inhabitants ensure they are humans. In one out of two faction descriptions, a reference to different races is made, and all factions have different levels of friendship towards every race.
Therefore I believe races are a very important part of the story- mysteries included. If my assumption is correct, in my previous comment, of all "evil forces" being connected, then it would only make sense that it would require all races' help to unite and vanquish it (after all, what have we learnt from every fiction book ever written?). -BTW, I still have no clue of a villain top right, any ideas?-
I also believe there is, or will be (and if not, should be) alliance quests, requiring cooperation, coordination, and teamwork to succeed.

Corwin: Thank you for your contribution on your report. However, I don't think assassins are the best choice- it has been tried many times before. Could you instead send outriders and trackers to the outskirts surrounding the Lannigolds Faction Hubs or the fortress, see if you can pick up anything? This goes for anyone with lots of spare time and diplomats to spend. Also, sending thieves to the fortress is still an option.

Brandmeister: I completely agree with you, we should make a recollection of the information gathered. If any more comes in, I can create a separate forum only for the information, and dedicate this one to solving and discussing the mysteries.

I was wondering about the Seelie Court. Why them, of all factions? Are any of the three desert hubs' factions related to them? Can someone cover that aspect please?
I think the seelie and unseelie have something major to do with the factions, but I am not sure about their relation to the fortress. I'll keep updating my ideas of the forums as at go along, but my main focus will be on the Fortress. Contact me if you have info, ideas, or want to help me in my quest to uncover the mystery at Dragon Disciple, either in game or in Forums.

P.S. Even though I scoured the forums for a while, I couldn't find any old reference to the trade hubs worthy enough of being mentioned, except for a constant reference to a quest "amassing the horde". Is anyone aware of what this quest was about? Is it still open for completion? If you have anything, posts links in comments, or PM me! If a major player is willing to spare troops to help us out.. Gladly accepted!

P.P.S. Shoutout to Night Shadows, they are a new, yet awesome guild! Especially Etherea, who is helping me with these and will be a major contributor in my next post about the mystic lands.

Sorry I took so long to right this, was busy the past few days :P

We will solve this!!

Edited by Dragon Disciple - 21 Apr 2015 at 17:44
vonrichtoven View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonrichtoven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 10:18
I wonder if sending a caravan with the right trade goods might buy something akin to the alembine?
The Red Baron
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic