illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Fortress of Shadows

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 19:18
Someone needs to explain HOW player actions can influence their standing with individual factions.  I can see that the alliance rankings are purely a function of basic racial alliance composition. Now if someone can prove that player actions influence player standing against a particular alliance then maybe one can become a close ally.  I keep my eyes open for Lannigolds to duff up.
Dung

Edited by Dungshoveleux - 13 Mar 2018 at 19:18
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 21:32
Originally posted by Dungshoveleux Dungshoveleux wrote:

Someone needs to explain HOW player actions can influence their standing with individual factions.  I can see that the alliance rankings are purely a function of basic racial alliance composition. Now if someone can prove that player actions influence player standing against a particular alliance then maybe one can become a close ally.  I keep my eyes open for Lannigolds to duff up.
Dung
At this time the individual player cannot alter their status with any faction.  I believe you are also correct in that the racial composition of one's alliance will determine that standing.  I would like to think that the DEVS have the potential to implement individual actions changing individual status with a faction.  The possibilities can extend from trading (tax rate) benefits/penalties to hostile action against harvesters, encampments, and/or cities.  The release of the Omen and underworld appear to be a sign of limited movement in this direction.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 21:35
I'm working on some diplo actions against Kajadum (Hashashin), Laresh (Lannigolds), Lacona (Triumvarite), and Glory City (Raja Metu).  This is the first report I've gotten back that shows something other than nothing.  But I'm not sure this means anything in terms of the Fortress of Shadow mystery/quest (if it is a thing).

Operation Against:Square [146|-447] in Arran
Operation Type:Scout
Operation Outcome:Completely Successful!

Mission Report:
Your diplomatic mission was undetected and completed the objective! Your units are on their way home, safe and sound.

Information Gathered:

Troop levels present, foreign reinforcements: 

Type:Unit:Quantity:
NPC's forces from NPC Location
Army: Triumvirate
Division: Patrol from the Triumvirate
Troops:Light Pikemen Light Pikemen155
Troops:Elite Longbowmen Elite Longbowmen87
Troops:Heavy Infantry Heavy Infantry136
Troops:Light Lancers Light Lancers89
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 00:17
The point I'm trying to make is that unless you can get a better standing with the Hashashin faction, then you can't be their best friend and won't get into the fortress. The only way of testing this is to duff up their enemies and see if it changes your faction standing.  Basically why I am looking for Lannigolds units.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 00:31
There is no particular proof that a quest exists. If it did, you are then assuming it has something to do with faction standings. These seem tenuous leaps at best.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 12:17
Maybe, but a hypothesis to be tested.
I notice you say nothing on the faction standing functionality.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 12:40
Originally posted by Ten Kulch Ten Kulch wrote:

There is no particular proof that a quest exists. If it did, you are then assuming it has something to do with faction standings. These seem tenuous leaps at best.

Yup, very well may be nothing to see here.
Ten Kulch View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ten Kulch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 16:54
Originally posted by Dungshoveleux Dungshoveleux wrote:

I notice you say nothing on the faction standing functionality.

Originally posted by Wartow Wartow wrote:

At this time the individual player cannot alter their status with any faction.
Check out my blog, Warmongering in Illyriad for self-defense techniques, military city construction, and PvP strategies.
zap View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 03:27
Ok I sent some troops to the fortress to occupy with some diplo embedded. I got the standard message . troops arrive and are occupying. So nothing there I also send troops to occupy with scribes in there but expect same response. I'm just trying different things to see what happens. Also sending troops to raid to see what happens.
Just here
Thexion View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thexion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 09:02
As general question to everyone.
There is a tab for mysteries in the Tavern. In the city where you sent the spies/spy to the fortress of shadows, do you have a tavern and does it show anything?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic