illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Animal trainer for cubs, pups, kits, newborns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Roweena View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roweena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Animal trainer for cubs, pups, kits, newborns
    Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 07:58
I have another idea about the baby animals here in Illyriad.  It seems so cruel to kill the babies when they are roaming around the world just growing up.  My idea for this is the following:  Create a new character called "Animal Trainer"  

This Animal Trainer could be in the Quest menu since there is so little available in that portal.

These Animal Trainers could "harvest" or collect baby animals from battlefields.  Then they could raise and train the animals to become a low-level fighting force that could be unleashed on enemies.  Special Herbs could be used to feed the animals and food could be used on an hourly basis to maintain them.  The animals would be able to fight on behalf of the trainer, with the more training performed the more damage and resistance they could have.

I suppose the different type of baby animals could be associated to different races, for example:  

Orcs: Bears, Scuttlebugs, Leopards, Scritchers
Dwarves: Dogs, Crawlers, Anacondas, Jaguars   
Humans: Pumas, Salamanders, Rats, Baboons
Elves: Wolves, Beetles, Golden Monkeys, Cobras

Any race could train any animal, but there could be bonuses for the special animals such as those listed above.
The system developers could figure out what animal could be associated to which race and the bonuses if any.
Leinad__ View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leinad__ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 11:47
I like this idea! :) 
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 18:38
The wild dog pups are rabid and the ratlings have plague!  They must be eliminated!!!

Seriously though, I would love to be able to do something with animals other than kill them.
Orin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2015 at 19:01
me likes the idea, but me also likes killing.
I shall have to think on it.
Roweena View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roweena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 18:12
Rill - YES, that is a great addition.  All the animals collected should have something to "fix".

There could be different levels of Animal Husbandry (instead of just Animal Trainer)
All of these levels of Animal Husbandry could/should reside in the Quest menu.

Level 1 Animal Husbandry - Collector - collects the baby animals in battlefields and in the wild

Level 2 Animal Husbandry - Nursemaid - nurses and "fixes" the animals, some possibilities:
cure Rabies for dog pups and wolf pups
cure Plague for Rats
cure Worms for bear cubs
cure Monkey Pox for golden monkey kits
cure Equine Infectious Anemia for horses
cure Infectious Salmon Anemia for fish
cure Small Hive Beetle Infestation for beetle babes
cure African Swine Fever for pumas (why do we not have wart hogs or wild boars?)
cure Bovine Viral Diarrhea for cows
cure Ebola Virus for Crawlers
cure White Spot Disease for Crustaceans (Scritchers)
cure Lumpy Skin Disease for snakes
cure Anthrax for Fire Salamander

Level 3 Animal Husbandry - Animal Trainer - now takes the animals and forges them into fighting forces.  Similar to armies but not as disciplined.  The trained animals would be ready to be sent off into battle fields to do the bidding of their owners - which is weak havak on others.  Whether they decide to destroy armies,  ravish crops, or deplete water sources.  The possibilities are endless.

Level 4 Animal Husbandry - Ringleader - would be needed to conduct strategic raids and attacks.
If sufficient resources are not used, there could be a 25% chance that the animals would turn on their owners but "unrefined animals" could potentially do more damage than fully trained ones.

Level 5 Animal Husbandry - Beast Master - would not only be able to conduct strategic raids and attacks but would also be able to "convert" a small percentage of opposing animal forces.  Of course, all items in this menu would require special herbs and minerals or some magic spells.

Roweena View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roweena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 18:25
The icon for each of the Animal Husbandry could be different, but for Ringleader you would want a "Sigfried and Roy" type logo, guy with tail coat, a top hat, and a horse whip.  Beast Master could be a logo similar to the TV Show or movie.  The Nursemaid could be a baby bottle.  The Trainer could be a rolled up newspaper in a hand.  The collector an outstretched hand like Uncle Sam the taxman.
Alyrra View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alyrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 22:20
Another excellent idea Roweena. Other games have used these skill sets effectively and this game could too. Adding another layer to already great game. LoL "the outstretched hands of Uncle Sam". OK DEVs get to coding these ideas of hers.
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 23:37
I see one problem with this idea. Dwarves prefer bears, fire salamanders, saurians and baby dragons as pets.
Etherea View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Etherea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 03:49
Love this concept, and making use of more of the nonfunctional herbs and minerals we have here is very needed. Would also serve to add to the trading value of those herbs and minerals as well.
  Double Bonus!!
   Etherea
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2015 at 08:25
I'd also like to see this.
As a magical bear I feel bad for slaying all those bear cubs. :P

Edited by Digioso - 21 May 2015 at 08:25
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic