FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

25FEB15 - SOVEREIGNTY INCURSION NOTIFICATIONS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 25FEB15 - SOVEREIGNTY INCURSION NOTIFICATIONS
    Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 15:43
SOVEREIGNTY INCURSION NOTIFICATIONS
LIVE NOW

Extra Detail in Sent Missions
More information is now provided in notifications about the location you are sending missions to. It will additionally inform you of the terrain type and the square ownership:

Previous notification:

GM ThunderCat's [DEVS] caravans from Instant Death begin harvesting at [0|-2201] in Newlands 
GM ThunderCat [DEVS] dispatched caravans to [0|-2201] in Newlands

New Unclaimed Square notification:

GM ThunderCat's [DEVS] caravans from Instant Death begin harvesting at unclaimed Ancient Forest [0|-2201] in Newlands 
GM ThunderCat [DEVS] dispatched caravans to unclaimed Ancient Forest [0|-2201] in Newlands

New Your Sovereign Square notification:

GM ThunderCat's [DEVS] caravans from Instant Death begin harvesting at your sovereign Ancient Forest[0|-2201] in Newlands 
GM ThunderCat [DEVS] dispatched caravans to your sovereign Ancient Forest [0|-2201] in Newlands

New Alliance Sovereign Square notification:

GM ThunderCat's [DEVS] caravans from Instant Death begin harvesting at GM Stormcrow [DEVS]'s allied sovereign Ancient Forest [0|-2201] in Newlands 
GM ThunderCat [DEVS] dispatched caravans to GM Stormcrow [DEVS]'s allied sovereign Ancient Forest [0|-2201] in Newlands

New Confed Sovereign Square notification:

GM ThunderCat's [DEVS] caravans from Instant Death begin harvesting at GM Stormcrow [DEVS]'sconfederated sovereign Ancient Forest [0|-2201] in Newlands 
GM ThunderCat [DEVS] dispatched caravans to GM Stormcrow [DEVS]'s confederated sovereign Ancient Forest[0|-2201] in Newlands

New NAP Sovereign Square notification:

GM ThunderCat's [DEVS] caravans from Instant Death begin harvesting at GM Stormcrow [DEVS]'s NAP'd sovereign Ancient Forest [0|-2201] in Newlands 
GM ThunderCat [DEVS] dispatched caravans to GM Stormcrow [DEVS]'s NAP'd sovereign Ancient Forest[0|-2201] in Newlands

New Neutral Sovereign Square notification:

GM ThunderCat's [DEVS] caravans from Instant Death begin harvesting at GM Stormcrow [DEVS]'s neutral sovereign Ancient Forest [0|-2201] in Newlands 
GM ThunderCat [DEVS] dispatched caravans to GM Stormcrow [DEVS]'s neutral sovereign Ancient Forest[0|-2201] in Newlands

New War Sovereign Square notification:

GM ThunderCat's [DEVS] caravans from Instant Death begin harvesting at GM Stormcrow [DEVS]'s hostile sovereign Ancient Forest [0|-2201] in Newlands 
GM ThunderCat [DEVS] dispatched caravans to GM Stormcrow [DEVS]'s hostile sovereign Ancient Forest[0|-2201] in Newlands

This applies to all actions, so a set of notifications for claiming Sovereignty will look like the following

GM ThunderCat's [DEVS] units from Center of Learning begin returning from your sovereign Clay Seam[388|-1817] in High Hills
 Military units from GM ThunderCat's [DEVS] town Center of Learning outbound to unclaimed Clay Seam[388|-1817] in High Hills with Hostile intentions.

Your Sovereignty Notifications

You will now receive notifications if an army who is not yours lands on your sovereign square:

Serfs at your sovereign Clay Seam [388|-1817] in High Hills report the arrival of an allied army from GM ThunderCat's [DEVS]'s town of Center of Learning

Serfs at your sovereign Clay Seam [388|-1817] in High Hills report the arrival of a confederated army from GM ThunderCat's [DEVS]'s town of Center of Learning

Serfs at your sovereign Clay Seam [388|-1817] in High Hills report the arrival of a NAP'd army from GM ThunderCat's [DEVS]'s town of Center of Learning

Serfs at your sovereign Clay Seam [388|-1817] in High Hills report the arrival of a neutral army from GM ThunderCat's [DEVS]'s town of Center of Learning

Serfs at your sovereign Clay Seam [388|-1817] in High Hills report the arrival of a hostile army from GM ThunderCat's [DEVS]'s town of Center of Learning

You will now receive notifications if gatherers who are not yours land on your sovereign square:

Serfs at your sovereign Clay Seam [388|-1817] in High Hills report the arrival of allied harvesting caravans from GM ThunderCat's [DEVS]'s town of Center of Learning

Serfs at your sovereign Clay Seam [388|-1817] in High Hills report the arrival of confederated harvesting caravans from GM ThunderCat's [DEVS]'s town of Center of Learning

Serfs at your sovereign Clay Seam [388|-1817] in High Hills report the arrival of NAP'd harvesting caravans from GM ThunderCat's [DEVS]'s town of Center of Learning

Serfs at your sovereign Clay Seam [388|-1817] in High Hills report the arrival of neutral harvesting caravans from GM ThunderCat's [DEVS]'s town of Center of Learning

Serfs at your sovereign Clay Seam [388|-1817] in High Hills report the arrival of hostile harvesting caravans from GM ThunderCat's [DEVS]'s town of Center of Learning

Gatherers' Demise
You will now receive an IGM as well as a notification if your gatherers are killed on a square.

Faction ticker change
Ticker Symbol for Fratri Hominis has been changed from [BROTH] to [FRATR], to distinguish it from the Brotherhood of Kerala.  This now means that [FRATR] is unavailable as an alliance ticker symbol.

Enjoy!

SC

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 04 Mar 2015 at 00:07
GM Stormcrow | Twitter | Facebook | G+
TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 15:46
WOOHOO!!! thanks very much!!!
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 15:53
Nice. What sometimes bothers me about notification lists is this: it's difficult to see at-a-glance what happened, and it's difficult to scan-search for something.

I don't know what the solution is though; my own thought experiment might involve a strip of icons representing unit types, actions, and territory, but it might look like hieroglyphs, so could be viewed as inaccessible to the beginner!
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 18:58
Hope fully the expanded notifications data will allow filtering of notifications at a later stage...
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 19:05
This is cool, but if we are going to be seeing messages under trade about gatherers on our sovereignty squares, could we maybe get a longer "memory" for notifications?  A lot of the time I can't even see in the past 24 hours of my trade notifications.
Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 19:09
Quote Gatherers' Demise
You will now receive an IGM as well as a notification if your gatherers are killed on a square.

YAY! Thank you :)
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 19:27
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

This is cool, but if we are going to be seeing messages under trade about gatherers on our sovereignty squares, could we maybe get a longer "memory" for notifications?  A lot of the time I can't even see in the past 24 hours of my trade notifications.
Are getting more than 500 trade notifications in 24 hrs?

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 25 Feb 2015 at 19:45
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 19:41
Very possibly, GM TC.  I often send 50-100 newb care packages per day, which would be 100-200 notifications (when they leave and when they deliver).  Plus caravan harvesting, cotter harvesting, herbalists, etc.  Also acceptances of buy and sell orders in trade hubs and for city to city trade.

I know I don't look like I'm doing much, but I'm actually quite busy.

Did the number of notifications recently get expanded?  Within the past couple of weeks?  Because I'm going from my experience a week or so ago when I was checking trade notifications for herbalists and didn't see some from within the past day or so.
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 19:46
Are you using the notifications page rather the ones on the main page?

You can filter by trade etc

The sovereignty notifications should be in the sovereignty section so you should still be able to filter by trade
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 19:46
If the sovereignty notifications are in the sovereignty section, that addresses my immediate concern, at least I will still be able to filter by trade.  (Not that I have all that much sovereignty, but there are other people who do who might be getting a lot of notifications about that.)

And yes, I do filter by trade.  Check my history and Ellery's history in terms of trade notifications.  I think you'll find the volume is quite high.  Wink

Edited by Rill - 25 Feb 2015 at 19:47
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic