illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dilly Tools

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2015 at 16:33
Hm, nope I didn't consider that. Thanks a lot for the suggestion. :)
I'm not sure whether this would work for me or not, though. I would have to predefine on what I want to base those vectors around. It'll be 7food spots most likely but if someone is looking for something different for whatever reason I won't find it. Or I'd have to build vectors for all 7-resource spots which on the other hand would most likely result into having more database entries than I would have with simply loading the whole map into the database.

My current approach is very open and you can define all variables.
So far it takes only a couple of minutes to perform a search for a whole region. As soon as I get my Odroid (and install a database on it) it should be a lot faster.
Then I know for sure how fast my approach is. If it doesn't match my expectations I'll look for another solution. :)

Edited by Digioso - 09 Mar 2015 at 16:35
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 20:55
Short update: I've got the webinterface where you configure your search requests up and running.
Since my Odroid still hasn't arrived I'm looking for alternatives so that I can actually fullfill requests.
One alternative would be a Mini-PC based on the Asrock Q1900 mainboard and an interimn solution is to use one of my laptops.
I'm going for the latter probably for now.
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 12:55
Since someone was sending thieves to me I stopped working on the Settlement Spot Finder for a bit and instead wrote a tool that determines potential attackers.
Basically this tool creates a 'beam' to determine the path the attackers units took. And then it shows you cities along this path. You can also specifiy the race of the attacker if you know it to narrow down the the potential agressors.
However it needs some input and a general direction where the attacker came from. So you have to determine this yourself. It just saves you a lot of scrolling. :)
Link: http://www.digioso.org/dilly_tools/illy_diplo.pl

Edited by Digioso - 20 Mar 2015 at 13:00
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 17:15
You coders/scripters are amazing... thanks for EVERYTHING.. 

"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2015 at 17:49
a contribution to determine attacker's race from the amount stolen:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Amd2asjuKD2ddElKdzRCU0prOURlckZEdmI3djR4cGc#gid=0

Feel free to download/copy/use the spreadsheet…

Edited by IbnSenna - 20 Mar 2015 at 17:51
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 06:50
With the newest announcement (the appeareance of wild magic bears only Koda can see) I am working on a tool that lets other people see them, too.
Then other people can hunt and kill, err, be friends with them, too!

On a more serious note. :)
The settlement tool is almost done and I hope to be able to have the first version up and running today evening.

Edited by Digioso - 01 Apr 2015 at 06:52
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2015 at 20:22
Ok, here it is, the first release: http://www.digioso.org/dilly_tools/illy_settle.pl
It is still working on some request some people in T? inserted for test purposes right now.
But afterwards it's ready for new requests. :)
Currently someone queued a request to check all of BL which will take some more time (around 1h I guess) to finish. :)

Not everything has been tested so something might go wrong, though. I don't have the automatic request fullfilment running because of that. So you can queue up and when I run the script it'll present your reports.
Hopefully I can turn the automatic reports on tomorrow or later this evening.

So take this as a current open beta release. :)

Edited by Digioso - 01 Apr 2015 at 21:30
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2015 at 15:21
So far I am quite satisfied with the results. I fixed a small error in the distance calculation today, though. The distance was calculated from the high res spot to nearby cities and not from the settlement spot.
On a request by Mellificient the tool can now also search for multiple high resource spots near to the city. Meaning you can now say that you want to have at least two (three, four, up to 99 :P) high resource spots near your city. For now you the criterias for these are the same, though. So you cannot specifiy that you want a 16 food and 15 clay spot. I'm working on this, though.
The downside is that the search is now taking longer. :( I'll see if I can find a way to speed this up.

There was a bug when you entered your player ID. So your existing cities were ignored completely (not only in the distance calculation to other cities). This could've resulted in the script marking a spot as valid although there was already a city on it.

Also on the ToDo-List:
- Search in more than one region without having to give X/Y coordinates (Right now you can select either X/Y, a single region or all of Elgea/all of BL). My search tool would already be fine with multiple regions but the website frontend doesn't allow this yet.
-
Allow selecting multiple terrain types for the city spot. Right now you can only select one terrain type.
- New Settlement should NOT be next to <Terrain Type> (EG building, forest, ...)

Edit: I managed to bring the script back up to speed even with searching for multiple high res spots near a settlement spot.

Edited by Digioso - 20 Apr 2015 at 18:58
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 11:37
Since today is T?'s birthday I managed to finish the new version of the settlement spot search tool as well.

New features:
- A map of Illy with the locations of the found settlement spots is now send out in as well. This is included in the .htm file and you can click on the locations on the map to get to the corrosponding search result in the .htm file.
- You can now enter an alliance ID. So far you only were able to enter your player ID which would disable the distance check for towns of your own. The alliance ID does the same for all towns that are in the alliance you provide. Both can be combined if you for example are not in the alliance you provide but are planning to join them. Both are still optional !
- You now have the option to select the terrain types you allow to be around the new settlement. EG you only want plains directly around your city? Then only select plains. Multiple selections are possible.

Updated features:
- You can now select multiple regions at the same time. So far you had to choose between 'All regions', 'All of Elgea', 'All of Broken Lands' or a single region. These choices can now be combined in any way. Chooising 'All Regions' and 'All of Elgea' will not result in double searches. The script knows that 'All of Elgea' is part of 'All regions'. :) - Searching by region and by X/Y coordinates can still not be combined since they're mutually exclusive.
- You can now select multiple terrain types for the city. So far you only could select one terrain type at a time. If you wanted to get results for spots on large mountains and plains you had to fill out the form twice in the past. Now you can do this with one request.

And last but not least: I added Stardances`Battle Calculator to my website as well. This is the modified version by Vanerin who changed a couple of things to match the latest changes in the game. I adjusted it to match the design of my website.
Link: http://www.digioso.org/dilly_tools/battle.html

Edited by Digioso - 08 May 2015 at 11:42
Digioso View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Digioso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2015 at 16:00
Another tool found it's way into my library - the historical data view.

Did this ever occured to you: Where the heck did this town come from? I'm sure it wasn't here yesterday!
This question can now be answered !

Now you can keep track of town movements, alliance and player growth or even player/alliance name changes.
All this and more now at: http://www.digioso.org/dilly_tools/illy_history.pl

Edited by Digioso - 06 Jul 2015 at 16:00
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic