Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Players should be able to join in holy matrimony
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Players should be able to join in holy matrimony

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kingmaur View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingmaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Players should be able to join in holy matrimony
    Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 04:14
A player should be able to join in marriage with other players. They can make a family and fully grown child/childern can become researchers, commanders, framers, miners, and other production boosters

The marrying players have to be male and female. All player controlled races can procreate together; but interbreeding of  races give a lower chance of having offspring and may lower relations with other factions, such as , an elf’s and an orc’s, offspring will cause both parents to lose relations with other the elves and orcs in Illy. Interbred children give better perks, buffs, and stats than purebred children. If two races are already enemies with each other, then the marriage and birth of children lowers the relations more than races that are not enemies. If the parents of a child happen to divorce then the players have two option: joint custody, where the child/children switch off with the two parent between the two parents each week. Full custody when the parents are chosen at random to have full custody of the child. Both players start at 50% and the more money you have, the more of a chance you have to get the child. Couples cannot become infertile but there are % chances to have kids. The more you try to have kids in a time frame the more it goes down. It takes a while for the kids to be born and grow up. The more they age; the better their skills are. There can be an adoption agency but kids from the agency have less skills and take longer to level up

Thanks to 

-Angrim 

Edited by Kingmaur - 03 Jan 2015 at 23:50
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2015 at 23:33
this is so much more rl than i would want...

must the avatars be male and female? which races can procreate together? what happens to the little researchers when they divorce? is there an adoption agency? can couples be infertile, and if so, can they adopt wards of the state? and can we trust King Sigurd to look after them in the castle? can we expect him to exercise the same duty of care he has over his own kingdom(!)? his uncle in the Circle of Five has always looked a bit dodgy to me...
Ellieh View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellieh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 02:50
Thank you to Angrim for asking these important follow up questions.
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 06:46
There is no way i'm getting Illy married without an Illy prenup that guarantees I keep my Illy wealth and that my exes are all fed to Audrey!
SoloStriker View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoloStriker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 22:17
I actually was gonna suggest this, the difference being only that a married couple has units moving a set percentage faster between the two of them. And one can only divorce once (and marry twice) just to avoid exploits. More than just a gameplay factor, it would be a social factor as well, as people would try to figure who is married to who.

Also, no gender or race restrictions, just like in real life, anyone can marry anyone. Just make sure to choose the right person!
GirlFromHell View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GirlFromHell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 16:25
I agree with the marrying.
I disagree with the gender issue. Seriously, marriage for all!
I do think there should be a racial boundary regarding marriage altho that is up for consideration xD
I think the kids factor is ridiculous (no offense xD )

Married players should get some sort of bonus. And maybe if a spouse stops playing there can be a sort of inactivity divorce clause?

Anyway, I doubt this is going to happen but these are some thoughts :)
~Hell_Girl_Rei / -Nyx-

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
Sheza View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sheza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 18:06
My cotters could marry and have two per cottage . . 
LOL  
If Horses don't go to Heaven when they die. then I want to go where they go.
jordigui View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordigui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2015 at 19:18
I believe that Illy puts no restrictions if players want to marry each other (maybe except for the account sharing and the number of accounts per ip ... ). Restrictions may come from the country of residence or the one you want to celebrate the wedding ...

If you want it to happen only in Illy, then who should be? my commanders? or each one of us has a king or ruler?

I believe that it is a bit out of the scope of the game ... but whenever I see those nice elf female I can understand someone wants to ... marry them ;)

THanks
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 02:03
You could declare loyalty to a player with a badge. Pretty much covers everything.
SoloStriker View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoloStriker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2015 at 21:57
I keep what I said, sounds optimal to me and a fun and positive addition
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic