illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Keys to the City

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Etherea View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Etherea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Keys to the City
    Posted: 30 Dec 2014 at 13:57
I would like to suggest an idea that came to me when one of our new players in our Alliance was asking me to help her with how to grow her city.
   It occurred to me that it would be very helpful to be able to see where she was at, as that would give me the information I needed to assist her more quickly than messaging back and forth in PC with questions and answers.
   What Keys to the City would essentially be, is a way to grant "one time" access to the city to a chosen player without asking them to be a sitter on the account. The account holder could give their chosen visitor a Key to the City allowing them the ability to enter the city one time only so they could assist with a given project.
   I think to be the most helpful it would be good to grant all new players 5 keys upon finishing the tutorial so that they could send a key to a more experienced player of their choosing, allowing access to their city so the more experienced player could take a quick look around, assess growth potential and help the new player to proceed more efficiently.
  Optionally you could make more keys allowable through purchase with Prestige, so as a player gets stronger they have the option of getting more keys as needed to invite guests to assist them.

Etherea
       Proud member of Nightwolves Alliance
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2014 at 15:01
It is possible to allow someone to see your city through the sitting function, but that also allows the other person to take control of your account temporarily, which a new player may not have the level of trust required to do.  It also requires the player to be offline, so it makes it harder to discuss things.

I wonder if the system could generate a report with a key, similar to the API key for battle reports, for this purpose.
Etherea View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Etherea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2014 at 15:25
    Had not really thought that far into it, my primary thought was to have the ability to help new players by getting a quick look at their city to assist them through questions. It can frequently be very time consuming for both players to go through all the messages needed to help a new player with what a more experienced player can recognize in a matter of seconds. So being able to take a quick look for assessment to help them to grow would be very beneficial.
     I was thinking though that as a "visitor" that the function of being able to manipulate any portion of the city would not be viable, the primary function of the "key" would be to allow the visitor to look and assess only.
     I do agree that trust is a big part of sitting, and the use of keys to visit, could also help to build a level of trust between new players and more experienced ones that are helping them, without risk to the new player.
     Thanks for your thoughts Rill!
      Etherea
Beyljr View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beyljr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 14:50
I like it.
Ryklaw View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryklaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 20:29
I like it as well as the idea of prestige to buy additional keys.

Clap
Finishing the Race!
II Tim 4:7,8
Jadefae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadefae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2015 at 05:56
This idea is amazing...just the other day I was thinking it would be so much easier if I could let one of my Vet friends see my city!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic