Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic Closed14NOV14 - Further exploit permabans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14NOV14 - Further exploit permabans
    Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 22:01
And with that, we have came to the end of this discussion. When some of the former players are literally threatening to take action by spamming us (and who knows what else) until they are reinstated, (I know, the irony is amazing) it's time to shut down the conversation.

If you have questions about policy from now on, IGM me. Any other topic openings or attempts to discuss this out-of-bounds will be shut down.

GM Rikoo
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Belegar Ironhammer View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 20:46
Originally posted by Glin Glin wrote:

You can try to tell me there was no war time ( yes that includes the post war rebuild) motivation for the gold greed but frankly you are just full of  it. 

So, your argument boils down to "I hate you and you are wrong."

Your reply to Rill's well thought out economic analysis was "You are a rake."

The cheaters were banned and the gold was pulled back. Some of us think that the Devs could have taken a closer look at Odd before banning him.

We are not saying that we think we are superior to the rest of Illy in anyway. But you have labeled me and some of my friends as "schmucks" "naysayers" "unclean" and "part of the problem"

The only one being insulting here is you, Glin. And the only one hiding behind an account is you, Glin. 

If you desire honesty, then why do you wear a mask? 
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 19:56
The person who created the exploit was wrong.  Anyone who knowingly benefited from it was also wrong.

Attempting to draw connections from the exploit to any war is factually inaccurate.  Attempting to use the wrongdoing to tarnish the characters of those in Roads who did not know about it is wrong.

Two wrongs don't make a right, Glint.  Please stop with this "moral" crusade, which looks to me just like you trying to use an incident of wrongdoing to smear people who were uninvolved but for some reason you don't like.
The Duke View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 13:43
To be clear here, Shade was unaware of silverleaf using any kind of exploit and there was never any outrageous donation of gold 1 billion or higher, to any of our players or our alliance coffers( this can be confirmed by the GMs). Silverleaf asked specifically to join Shade to become a more military rounded player as he had been in roads, which has never been a military alliance. Shade accepted him, and when according to him he had received enough direction he exited Shade and moved back into roads. 

"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."
Mayflower View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 12:37
Thumbs up to the dev team!
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 07:12

I really dislike those people making comments that denigrates the severity of the crime against the trust of the other players. 

You can try to tell me there was no war time ( yes that includes the post war rebuild) motivation for the gold greed but frankly you are just full of  it. 

There would be no reason for the greed unless they thought they were getting one-up on other players. 

and schmucks who stand around and say there is no proof of this and that are just really trying to say they think the rest of the players in Illy are not as important as their worry of keeping the peace between alliances or keeping their friends names clean. 

That makes the naysayers unclean as well. Part of the problem. trying to denigrate the truth and the reality of the betrayal through cliche pundits meant to defray honest responses. 

Well, here's the thing. There are lots of people today in gc who spoke up and all said the same thing. They are glad the dolts got banned. As well as the people who "knew about it" but chose to look the other way as their towns were used to launder the gold through Illy.

So yeah, hey. Thanks for all of you taking the time to tell all the Illy players which of you cant support the truth. It says a lot to the rest of us.

It's not the severity of the crime that people are objecting to, it's the connection you're drawing to it's use in the war.  That is provability untrue. The offending fund transfers are laid out here and none of them were combatants in any alliance at any time.  

Also, I'm not sure what perspective you're speaking from, but I would guess that abstractdream for his part is estimating the the mechanics of rebuilding about exactly right.  
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 06:06

I really dislike those people making comments that denigrates the severity of the crime against the trust of the other players. 
Well, here's the thing. There are lots of people today in gc who spoke up and all said the same thing. They are glad the dolts got banned. As well as the people who "knew about it" but chose to look the other way as their towns were used to launder the gold through Illy.

If someone wanted to give me 1 billion in gold i'd accept it and send them a gracious 'thank you' letter. Am I to be demonized and called names because I accepted a gift and my hindsight wasn't 50/50?

Until this glitch/cheat came out very few of us would of thought it was possible, so why demonize anybody without getting their side of the story. The only 'unlimited gold' glitch we knew about was permasits.

Don't be so quick to play the blame game and at least have the respect to talk from your game account.
Glin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 05:04

There would be no reason for the greed unless they thought they were getting one-up on other players. 

and schmucks who stand around and say there is no proof of this and that are just really trying to say they think the rest of the players in Illy are not as important as their worry of keeping the peace between alliances or keeping their friends names clean. 

That makes the naysayers unclean as well. Part of the problem. trying to denigrate the truth and the reality of the betrayal through cliche pundits meant to defray honest responses. 

So yeah, hey. Thanks for all of you taking the time to tell all the Illy players which of you cant support the truth. It says a lot to the rest of us.
Mahaut View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 02:39
Glin
Without in any way attempting to say who is right or wrong or guilty in all this sorry mess please stop trying to drag the past history war into anything. It's totally irrelevant.
Out of the alliances and players in alliances mentioned in Stormcrow's post..........
Roads wasn't involved in the war. 
mCrow wasn't involved in the war. 
Dwarven Druids wasn't involved in the war. 
Blood Moon wasn't involved in the war. 
Illyria Fairy Nation wasn't involved in the war.
Shade was, but Silverleaf was in Shade for just 4 months and that was after the peace was signed, he was in Roads before and after that period. I don't know why he moved to Shade or why he moved back out again but helping them rebuild after the war with stolen gold wouldn't have been the reason as he could have done that from any alliance or from no alliance.

I don't know who you are Glin but really, if you are struggling to rebuild perhaps asking your alliance for assistance instead of throwing wild and unfounded conspiracy theories about might be a plan. We've apparently got enough of the real thing without making 'em up.
Glin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 00:34
well, it certainly makes you wonder why he's not more upset the cheaters were cherry picking who they gave that gold to. It certainly looks like it went to specific players to rebuild or pass along to those that needed to rebuild for a price.

So, hows that make you feel knowing some players played by the rules are are still building up their towns and others... well, it certainly doesn't look like they are struggling to get the funds for it..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic