illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

14OCT14 - Prestige Scrolls

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 00:04
Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

Smaller tokens of 3 or 5 would make sense, as that corresponds to an amount people commonly spend: one caravan acceleration, one build queue completion, one prestige account renewal, and so forth. If that's too small, 15 or 25 would also make sense.
if 75 is a scrap, 5 would be...a jot? (it has been observed that the denominations of the scrolls bear a curious resemblance to the denominations of prestige purchase amounts available. it seems likely that is intentional, ergo likely that smaller denominations will not be offered.)
Merlinus View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlinus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 00:17
To the Team:

This is an amazing amount of output, and represents an unparalleled amount of input. Many players have believed, and believe still. 

Thank you very much. 

Thumbs Up
In Peace we reign. In War we RULE!

Long live the Royal House of Merlinus!
Artefore View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Player Council - Biographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artefore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 00:33
There are a few suggestions I'd like to make about this:  
1:  Instead of only allowing the making of prestige scrolls in lump sums of prestige, allowing the making in increments, like so:  
1-75 prestige:  prestige scrap
76-200 prestige:  prestige parchment
201-500 prestige:  prestige page
501-850 prestige:  prestige scroll
and so on, with the other costs being what they currently are.  
2:  to avoid exploitation with the increments, require at least 25 prestige to be left over after the creation of a prestige scroll.  
"don't quote me on that" -Artefore
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 00:37
The prestige scrolls need to be for much smaller units:-

1000 (!)
2000 (!)
5000 (!)

This system already works for the whole of the United Kingdom.

And whilst we are at it, mana needs to be traded in the same way as research.

Finally, I notice that some people are trying to hike the prices of the recipe ingredients on Centrum.
This will not work as all the ingredients are far too common and if some ingredients are not availbale, people will just make more of the smaller scrolls.

Also can't see anything on how long it takes to make each scroll?  Did I miss it?

Edited by Dungshoveleux - 15 Oct 2014 at 00:40
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 01:12
i beseech the devs to add the experience value of the unitcasualties to the combatevent report. this would allow player-organised hunting tournaments to be more fairly scored according to a rough difficulty value rather than merely units killed.
Diva View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 04:06
I personally wouldn't gift someone a lot of prestige.. I would maybe 12 to 15.. so, I'll prolly be selling people who DO use this, all the supplies for the prestige rolls.. Interesting tho DEVS, waiting on the next new... 

D
"Um diva.... you are sort of acting like a .... diva...." - PhoenixFire
Count Rupert View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Count Rupert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 05:18
It takes as long as it takes you to hit make after entering an amount.  
Glin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 05:54
This is a great gift for newbs, or tourny players. I worry about this becoming mandatory for surrenders, though. 

Not all players have the money to buy pres
Marquesta View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marquesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 06:14
This is great! I love that you've shared so much. As Rill said, it lets us know what we otherwise are unaware of. 

So, is magic next? Big smile
~~Marquesta
Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them...
Merlinus View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlinus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 06:46
Do I actually see a value for Trove?? YES!! Thumbs Up
In Peace we reign. In War we RULE!

Long live the Royal House of Merlinus!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic