illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fortress Of Shadows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fortress Of Shadows
    Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 12:56
Hello again people...

I know everyone is caught up in the Audrey mystery right now, but i recently sent some diplos to the Fortress Of Shadows... and got a message back

Diplomats from Midgard arrive at the Fortress of Shadows

Sent By:System
Received By:TheBillPN [42]
Date:12 Oct 2014 14:09
Your diplomatic mission from Midgard arrives at [599|-342] in Zanpur

Your Spies cannot gain entry to the silent fortress. The doors remain barred to them; none will speak to them; they can find no other way in. 

However, asking a few subtle questions in the surrounding area, they hear rumours of cloaked assassins riding out from the fortress, carrying death in the name of the god Ten Kulch. They also hear of a few select people being granted admission. 

How does one get in? "Only the closest allies of the Hashashin may enter. If you are not amongst their allies, you should be pleased: to be allies of the Hasashin is to lose your souls to Ten Kulch!" 

Unable to glean any further information, your diplomatic mission is now heading home.

I dont Know what this means, But there is a faction called the Hashashin, and and alliance named this too. here are the links

Again, i don't know what this means, or how anything is connected, but im hoping soemone else does know.
BTW, i sent advanced spies for this report, any other diplo gets a report like this

Diplomats from Midgard arrive at the Fortress of Shadows

Sent By:System
Received By:TheBillPN [42]
Date:12 Oct 2014 20:15
Your diplomatic mission from Midgard arrives at [599|-342] in Zanpur

Your diplomats cannot gain entry to the silent fortress. 

The doors remain barred to them; none will speak to them - and they can find no other way in. 

Your diplomatic mission is heading home.

hrandjt View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hrandjt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 13:02
Interesting. Sounds to me like you need improved faction standing with the Hashashin Faction to get in, which currently isn't possible afaik.
Berde View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Berde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 13:04
Given that the Fortress of Shadows has been giving this message back for at least 2 years (I seem to remember it from my last stint in Illyriad) while the SIN alliance is only a few months old... I'm going to wager no relationship there.
TheBillPN View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBillPN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2014 at 13:06
I have also sent diplos to the Hashashin Trade Hub, so reports will be posted when they get back..
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 09:10
I have heard rumors that someone found another clue to the FoS, something to do with a landmark in the area, but they are being tight lipped about it.
Tyrande Whisperwinds View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrande Whisperwinds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 10:12
Wonder if that's true or just a rumor...
If true, i could never understand why ppl are not willing to share any tibbit of information about possible misteries in this game...

I got that message from FoS years ago, but always assumed the thing would be locked until factions came live and we could change our reputation with them...

Edited by Tyrande Whisperwinds - 14 Oct 2014 at 10:15
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2014 at 12:55
There are advantages to keeping the mysteries a secret. For example, being the only person who could make the ultimate items would mean cornering the market.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic