Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Profiles, screenshots and other helpful tips!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Endrok View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Endrok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 11:23
Nice Rikoo,

I find Ubluntu's profile really useful for those unit codes.

I had a good play with the profile editor using tables and adding my own graphics to my profile and that of Well of Mimir.   Couldn't quite get the iFrame working ......  but that's probably just me!

If people have an existing profile I'd advise doing a copy & paste into something like Word before playing with some of the options (Templates etc) as it's really easy to wipe out what you've already created.

Will be good to see what people can do with their profiles  Thumbs Up

Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 12:01
The best way to take manual backups of profiles is this:
* Switch to Source view,
* Copy everything,
* Paste into Notepad or some other plain text editor

If you want to restore it, just paste it back into the Source view of your profile.
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 13:06
Originally posted by Albatross Albatross wrote:

The best way to take manual backups of profiles is this:
* Switch to Source view,
* Copy everything,
* Paste into Notepad or some other plain text editor

If you want to restore it, just paste it back into the Source view of your profile.

Great tip! My profile was made by Sir Edwin, and he sent the code to me in text form. There were some tweaks to be made, but overall the transfer worked perfectly. I saved my old source in case of a failure.

I will cover how to "trade" profiles like this later on. :)

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Shûl-nak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith
Warpainter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shûl-nak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 19:48
Great to see Sir Ed get recognition for his profile; his was part of the inspiration for mine. And like Rikoo said, it just feels... so right... to use Illy art in your profile. Tongue

Anyway, here are some links to profiles that have unit codes in which you can use in your profile. If you type the code in like [@=xxx] in chat or in your profile, it will show up as a clickable tooltip like you have in your barracks page to see unit stats and descriptions, or in your IGMs when you click on rare resources you've gathered.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ApL1rFFXeNNtdGhNRHZOazZTc2lVc2RZYjVDdlFENmc&gid=1

Some player profiles also have these codes on. Thanks to LaBeteVert for pointing me to this one, and JadeFae for putting it together (scroll down to near the bottom):

http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/Player/Profile/274068

As ever, puzzleslogic remains an invaluable source of information in all things Illy. Here are all the art codes for crafted goods:

http://www.puzzleslogic.com/illy/crafting.html

But also some map tile art which looks really great. I myself used the 'orc statue' at the top of my profile.

http://www.puzzleslogic.com/illy/maps.html

Shameless self plug; here's part of my profile. By clicking on each building in the town map and then copy-pasting their images into my profile box, I could get this effect. I also managed to get to use my avatar's face by right clicking 'view image' on him, ensuring that I had the right layer of his picture and then copy-pasting that.

http://i.imgur.com/HLNxFc0.png

Between all of these resources, and Cerberus' tech-tree art, I think people could make some really amazing profiles using Illyriad's art assets. Please make use of them; if there's one thing I like doing to pass the time in Illy it's reading through interesting, well-made or informative profiles, and then stealing artistically redistributing your ideas to make mine better benefit everyone.

If you'd like any help using anything in this post then private chat or message me in-game and I'll fix ya right up.

Edited by Shûl-nak - 27 Feb 2015 at 19:59
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 20:01
Thanks, Shul! Will add it to the OP.

GM Rikoo

Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Albatross View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albatross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 22:56
There's likely a way of getting these [] codes straight from the Illy JavaScript - it would be a bit hacky, but I can see the possibility of it sitting well in IllyPal or similar.

A far better way would be to have it published by the GMs, who control the resource anyway. perhaps a pop-up, activated near any chat/edit/memo boxes (and CKFinder is expandable - if a bit of a challenge!)
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 00:05
I would like to know how to post a scout or battle report into our alliance forum and have it appear as it does in my mail. With the little symbols etc ??
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 00:27
If you open the scout report, then click on forward mail...

then you're in the IGM editor. Somewhere up left you'll find a button "Source code" (somehow it gets translated...). On click you'll see all the tags which should work the same in profiles, alliance forum, etc...
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2015 at 00:41
That kinda worked, I got the symbols but... there's a hole lotta other other stuff there also, which make very unpleasant reading ???
Fiona View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2015 at 05:48
I get asked a lot how to add stuff to your profile. Pictures and such. Its really easy. 

First, you have to find a picture on a public site ie: Facebook, TinyPic and any other site I don't know about. Find the picture you want and right click it. Choose the copy URL option. Now go to your profile. Choose edit profile if you haven't already.

See where the arrow is pointing? Thats the option to add pictures. Click on it.

Now, when you click that, a little box will pop up.

Right click the box at the top and paste the URL. Then you can size it if you want. To make it bigger or smaller. 

Also, I came across this site, I know its not a secret site I randomly discovered its been around for a while, but it has good pictures to put on profiles. It has almost all the types of terrain and buildings Illy has in game. I thought it was cool! 

Choose the pic you like and right click on it. Just hit copy this time. No need for the URL. Then paste it where you want it. 

Now to add links. Find the link you want. 

See where the arrow is pointing? Click that box. Now another box will pop up. Right click on the URL box and choose paste. Your link should appear there. 

Click ok and your link should work. If it don't, it may be broken, ie: a space or a wrong letter or something. 

Another thing you can do is name a link. 
What you do is type whatever you want. Say, The Herald. Then hit the Hyperlink button and then the little box pops up like the above picture. Copy your link into the URL box hit ok and there you go! 

Edited by Fiona - 26 Apr 2015 at 16:59
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic