illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Misted Lands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Nesse View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 16:57
I sent anything I had on Misted lands back when it was first discovered. Or rather, I spent significant effort trying to figure out what to send. I am quite sure I have had both a water elemental and some skyclad warriors blunder about there not seeing their hands and then returning home. I also think I have had caravans not finding anything but still returning home. I am not sure I have sent any other harvesters.
Nesse(Dwarven Druids) and Odd (Fairy Road Authority)
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 23:22
I might try one idea a little later this month, but I need to accumulate a large amount of cash first as what I think is required is rather expensive...
DePaul View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2014 at 20:45
Saw an old thread on Misted Lands... and figured I'd give the idea a shot... 

Audrey feeds on troops sent to the heart (They disappear and she grows) - Sending troops to ML they just get confused and return, but send vans and/or res to Misted Lands and the trade units disappear. Doesn't seem to make ML change, at least not visibly, but there has to be some kind of correlation there.

I just sent 100k clay to the bleak mountain at http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-639/760 - going to try to send the same distribution as the target square next.
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 17:23
No change to ML report from an army consisting of Just one Stalwart co fully teched with Magic Resistance stat and equipped obsidian sword and plate mail along with one stalwart unit with same equipment.  I calculate the anti magic of the equipment as 65% and the tech as 50% for the Commander.  50% for the unit in the army with a 130% Magic Resistance as Elite squadron tech doubles effect of equipment.  I am not clear if it also doubles the equipment the CO has.  Now that I think on it I am not sure the CO gets the effect of the Magic Resistance tech.  So at minimum I think the CO had 65% Magic resistance and the unit had 180% magic resistance.  There were no diplos sent as that would have removed the elite bonus.  Tomorrow I will send again with diplos but expect no change.
The Duke View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 19:06
Misted Lands came prior to crafted gear, and as almost all my cities are in Kal T, I worked diligently on a multitude of occassions to try and break the case here, using every diplo, and trying armies to each square all to no avail. I worked with Mannanan when I had first discovered it and never could we make any headway. Ill help anyone who wants to drop me a message cause Im fairly close to the area, but to date nothing has worked
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2014 at 15:22
Thanks you.  I have only been on Illy a bit more than 2 years.  I.E. after Crafting.  That is really good information to get from you.
Lagavulin View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lagavulin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 23:16
Modified repeat of my previous attempt just failed.  This was the same equipped army but with the below instead of just the Stalwart
1StalwartsStalwart 1  1 12.6 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
1MessengersMessenger90 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
1,850SentriesSentry21 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
45WatchersWatcher27 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
508ObserversObserver24 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
40Keepers of SecretsKeeper of Secrets28.5 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
25HalflingsHalfling24 sq/hr< ="text" placeholder="1000" name="Count" style="border: 1px solid rgb204, 204, 204; outline: none; font-size: 1em; width: 50px;">
25ExecutionersExecutioner
DePaul View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2014 at 15:42
Current working theory...

I'm convinced that resources are the key to Misted Lands.  There are 2 factions that offer "Harvest Resources" in the hubs - just like every square in ML.

Seelie Court: http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-146/241
Unseelie Court: http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/760/-658

The other clue I have is from the Sylvan faction description.

Sylvan Faction excerpt: also of secret paths that would take the Orcs to invisible, hidden lands - the realms of the Seelie and Unseelie Courts, where even greater prizes could be won. 

So far, I cannot send a trader or resources to Unseelie Court due to my standing with them.  

My theory, is that (perhaps under a certain moon phase) that the Unseelie Hub will open and once a city has a trader at both Seelie & Unseelie Court, then the Misted Lands will be open.
Jax View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 09:15
To make work off of the Sylvan/Seelie/Unseelie theory...

In the Sylvans faction story, the orcs sent two scouts to the Fey and they learned about the "hidden lands". (note that these two scouts were also killed and were being impersonated by the 'Lord of Dawn' and 'Lady of Ice-revealed in the Unseelie faction story)

But the Sylvans dont have a faction hub, so you cant find their units roaming about. But if you look into their relationship to the Kildarran, their faction story says this about the Fey...

"And we, the Druids, we know this, because we too walk in this dream, and we meet him there, just as we meet the Fey, the ancestors, the spirits of the animals... 

But dreams, ah, perhaps I should not have started down this path... For dreams in Kildarran are not dreams as they are in other lands. Some say that we all dream one great dream, woven for us by our ancient allies, the Fey. Some say that we ourselves dream the dream that brings life to our Fey friends... 

And as I see you sit there, still unable to understand our King, I know there's no point trying to explain dreams to you - that's much more complicated. You will not begin to understand our dreams! 

But then again... the evening grows late, and in this land we all rise with the dawn, so you had better get some sleep. 

And when you sleep, be mindful of your dreams, and keep watch for who you might meet..." 

In other words, the fey come into existence because of Kildarran's dreams. So I believe if you have a presence in Kildarran (a trader I guess) the sylvan/fey units should show up in the map before dawn server time. I dont know this, Id like to see if anyone does find anything out. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic