illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blockhead..Blockade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dragonwort View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonwort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blockhead..Blockade
    Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 12:26
Oh, wonderful, wise, witty, winsome,warped? denizens of Illy....I come (once again) seeking answers:

Will blockades stop anything but caravans? Must you completely surround a city to be effective...that is troops in every square?

Once a city is under siege is there any way to stop the ^&*$%^% that steal everything before you take possession?

I've thought of sending many K of master thieves attached to one troop/commander from my alt's cities...easy to kill when I storm the city but do all the attached thieves also die?

Any knowledge shared on the above will be appreciatedSmile Dragonwort
Just another wrench in the works..
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 13:06
A blockade is effective against all trade units: caravans and harvesters. You only have to cover one square. I believe if you cover multiple squares, the trade units must run them all sequentially using the blockade running research (please correct me if I'm wrong). This heavily lowers the chance of success.

There is no way to stop people from looting an abandoned city with thieves.

If you attached thieves to your siege army, presumably they would reinforce the city after capture, providing some thief defense while you were in possession. I would never use one soldier. Lose the soldiers, lose the army, and lose all the embedded diplos.
Dragonwort View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragonwort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 13:44
Brandmeister,

I think you misunderstood in part...the one soldier/commander and many K thieves were NOT the sieging army BUT INSTEAD reinforcements from my alternate to help the present owner stop the thieves until I could take the city with siege. The one soldier/commander was to make it easier for my siege army when the pop was low enough for me to take possession. When I storm and take possession I'd only have to kill one troop and one commander belonging to my alt.(assuming I'd already cleared the city of enemy troops)

However, your response did provide the answer I needed which was when the troops die...all attached diplos die...so thank you.. Wink Dragonwort

Edited by Dragonwort - 21 Aug 2014 at 13:46
Just another wrench in the works..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic