illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Greatest Quest on Illyriad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 38>
Author
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 00:08
It's going on 17 days now since Audrey stopped beating...So what gives?

We deserve to know when to expect an attack. Will it be days away, week away, months away, next year, soon...
Ryklaw View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryklaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 08:42
edited by Ryklaw

Edited by Ryklaw - 05 Jun 2015 at 17:16
Finishing the Race!
II Tim 4:7,8
Tyrande Whisperwinds View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrande Whisperwinds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 09:14
So what? Send another army to overlap with the retreating one...
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 09:41
Or, alternatively, don't send any armies, because nobody is being attacked by anything :P
jordigui View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jordigui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 12:27
Well, I was attacked by my ex-scouts (bringing me more tentacles). Because the Fortune Teller said few scant hours and not weeks. I believe I already survived the attack the Fortune Teller predicted. So, we need to receive next part of the quest.
Alternatively, if there is planned another attack, then we need to receive adequate information on when it is gonna happen to reinforce the cities again. Already the second wave of reinforcements is leaving ...
Instead of the Greatest quest it shoul be named the longest wait ...
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 18:22
Originally posted by Tyrande Whisperwinds Tyrande Whisperwinds wrote:

So what? Send another army to overlap with the retreating one...

Why didn't I think of that, thank you!  Everybody, it has been discovered that you can resend your armies, please do so now....

Oh wait, half the active server has been resending their armies over and over and over and over and over and over and over for 2 months now waiting on the 'swift and ruinous' event to take place.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 21:55
5(?) towns have the fog yet nothing has happened yet... in spite of the old crone saying its coming.
I think that GM Stormcrow was being economical with the truth when (s)he put the reason down to the change in the period of activity.  It seems more like an excuse, any excuse, to justify something that wasn't fit for purpose.
Hora View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 00:22
Why should this mechanism not be fit? I guess they put it in place at the same time with HoC and Fortune teller.... a stepwise programming of such a (possibly) linear quest would make no sense at all... 
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 20:18

The fortune teller's eyes go wide.

"I see you...

And I see your exceedingly skilled crafters.

Wait a moment."

She pauses in meditation, for what seems like hours, before suddenly jerking her head up and looking directly into your spies' eyes.

"You seek to learn the mystery of Dwarven Champion's Armour.

The next time I am with your kith, I will ask.

It will, however, cost you. Be prepared. I will be in touch."

Your diplomatic mission is heading home, alternately pondering and dismissing these words of wisdom.
.....................................................................................................................................................

Your gatekeepers report that a wizened old woman arrived earlier in the day at Karak Kadrin.

She did not enter the city but instead pressed a note into the hands of the gate officer, saying "Give this to your master. He is expecting it."

She left immediately without further word; shuffling off down the road with surprising speed.

The note reads:

"I have spoken with those whom I mentioned; those who guard the secret ways of Duraz Karag.

They may be willing to share their secret, if you prove yourself worthy.

If you still seek this knowledge then there are three tasks you must complete to prove your worth.

Firstly, you must prove your ability to collect unusual materials.

Procure the following items in the following quantities:
x5
x5
x5
x5

When you have at least these quantities of these items in your town's inventory, send a messenger Messengers from Karak Kadrin to the great hall of Duraz Karag at [-203|-122] in Tor Carrock.

Do not fail in this, for your reputation is at risk."

There is no signature on the note.
.......................................................................................................................................................

Your diplomat walks quietly around the empty halls, his footsteps echoing in the silence underneath the arches of the ruined cathedral ceiling.

Spotting a gentle glow emanating behind a ruined pillar, he carefully and quietly peers behind the rubble.

His initial trepidation is replaced by a sense of wonderment as he sees the vague, shimmering outline of a great Dwarven warrior, resplendent in ancient armour. Despite the ghostly shape's clearly unnatural nature, he feels nothing but calm.

The translucent figure speaks with a deep, slow voice; although it appears his lips do not move.

" You have done well thus far, and may yet prove yourself worthy.

You must keep these terrible boils of corrupted flesh safe in your town.

I warn you. Do not send them out, do not transfer them away. Keep them safe whilst you prepare yourself.

When the dread corruption rises again, Karak Drak will be in dire peril. Secure this town as best you can; you may wish to seek assistance from your compatriots, as the onslaught will be swift and ruinous when the time comes.

Survive this test, and you will have but a single trial ahead of you before the secret will be yours. "

The mysterious figure fades into the background, and after searching the ruins thoroughly, your diplomat returns home.
........................................................................................................................................................

An old crone arrives at the doors of Karak Drak.

Into the Gatekeepers' hand she presses a small piece of parchment that reads:

"The Horror has stirred; and the fools continue to feed it - making your task ahead more arduous. You've spoken with the Ancient Dwarven warriors, and you've made your choice to stand in opposition.

Once it is sated, the next phase will begin.

You have only a few scant hours of preparation time left. If you're not well prepared to defend your city against the corruption, this could prove disastrous.

I wish you luck, Epidemic [Siege]. Stand firm. And if you cannot stand firm, then die well."

As swiftly as she arrived, she is gone.

Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 22:34
A big thank you for posting all this in one place.
I say we feed the bitch again and see what happens.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 38>
  Share Topic