illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Greatest Quest on Illyriad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 38>
Author
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 08:38
the next new moon i believe.
make sure all 8 squares are occupied by armies.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 21:08
Since there are 4 species of tentacles, do we need to reinforce our towns with all four races? I have about a quarter of a million troops in my town, a vault, thieves, 8 squares occupied but NO ORC. Can anyone help by sending me at least one? NAP no problem.
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2017 at 23:48
I do not believe race makes a difference - just troops as far as I have read

Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 00:57
... but nobody has completed the quest yet
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 11:03
Originally posted by Hucbold Hucbold wrote:

... but nobody has completed the quest yet

Indeed, nobody has completed it, but some have got part way.

This much is known :-

With  the last message, a tentacle appeared growing adjacent to the city  square.

For several full moons afterwards, the tentacles tried to expand to  adjacent squares, spreading out in whichever direction they could until  all 8 city-adjacent squares were full.

They avoided lakes, volcanos, etc.  and did not grow where an army was camped.

Extract from:- 

This would suggest that ANY army is sufficient to block the spread.

As for the next steps.... that is unknown
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2017 at 19:21
let 'dem devious devs imagine' what they should implement and/or trigger so that they keep enthusiasm around Illy world?
Djehuti View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djehuti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 20:42
Has anyone got this message recently (June or July 2017):

Originally posted by Epidemic Epidemic wrote:

"An old crone arrives at the doors of (CITY NAME).

Into the Gatekeepers' hand she presses a small piece of parchment that reads:

"The Horror has stirred; and the fools continue to feed it - making your task ahead more arduous. You've spoken with the Ancient Dwarven warriors, and you've made your choice to stand in opposition.

Once it is sated, the next phase will begin.

You have only a few scant hours of preparation time left. If you're not well prepared to defend your city against the corruption, this could prove disastrous.

I wish you luck, (PLAYER NAME). Stand firm. And if you cannot stand firm, then die well."

As swiftly as she arrived, she is gone."

I had one city prepared months ago, long before the HoC woke again - crafting completed, fortune teller visited, tentacles collected and stored, messenger sent to Duraz. Then someone mentioned that they thought the later steps needed to be done while the HoC was beating, so when it started beating again in June I repeated those steps in a different city. Now, I have multiple cities at the same point, waiting for something to happen.

I understand that the tentacles are suppose to escape on the next New Moon after HoC stops beating (estimated July 23, 2017), but shouldnt there be a message before that, with the excerpt mentioned above about "the fools continue to feed it"? Does this suggest that we should be sending units to the now inactive HoC to feed it more before the New Moon arrives?

The line "Once it is sated, the next phase will begin" seems to suggest that message should have come already, shortly before the HoC stopped beating, though the line "You have only a few scant hours of preparation time left." would suggest more that this message only arrives a few hours before the subsequent one (that talks about the tentacles being stolen/escaping under the New Moon).

Also, I didnt note the exact day when the HoC stopped beating - did anyone happen to catch that? It appeared to have started on a Full Moon, and ended during the last New Moon, but thats just when i noticed it wasnt beating, might have been before then.

So, yeah, did someone get this message yet?

Edit/Add-on:

Originally posted by Message From the GMs (as relayed by Freyja) Message From the GMs (as relayed by Freyja) wrote:

The  old crone's "scant hours" quote was written back when the HoC was on a  3-day heartbeat cycle, and we hadn't adjusted the text for the increased  cycle.  I'll make sure the text gets adjusted (and the day it's sent  also) for the next time around.

The message may appear different now, or may have been removed all-together, but still just want to double-check with everyone, incase i've missed something

Edited by Djehuti - 02 Jul 2017 at 08:40
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 22:26
stopped on 26th, I think
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 03:16
I am in a similar situation - regarding towns with a messenger sent to DK prior to heart beating and one sent during the recent beating cycle - and yes, it did stop on 26th after 18 days of beating

From the "the horror has stirred; and the fools continue to feed it... " message, I would take that to mean that the old crones visit with that message happens while the heart is beating, and the fools feeding it is the units sent to gain tentacles.

The devs adjustment to the text and day it's sent may change this - it may happen in the near future ??

So nope - I didn't get that message yet either.
Nor are any of my towns misted yet (maybe on next new moon ?)

There is a town - https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-215/357 - that is misted and had corrupted squares part way around, but was like this prior to the latest heartbeat cycle.
Djehuti View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djehuti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 08:41
Originally posted by Yitshak Yitshak wrote:

From the "the horror has stirred; and the fools continue to feed it... " message, I would take that to mean that the old crones visit with that message happens while the heart is beating, and the fools feeding it is the units sent to gain tentacles.

Ah, yes, that's what I had meant to type - gotta stop trying to communicate thoughts before I have coffee Wink

edited my previous post to reflect that, good catch, thanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 38>
  Share Topic