illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Greatest Quest on Illyriad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 38>
Author
madmano View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2015 at 17:01
FT visited me with second message of tentacles,

so im collecting tentacles now,

i need 5 dwarf tentacles if anyone got extra pls send it to karak drak and let me know the price in mail tyvm.
KarL Aegis View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KarL Aegis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 07:05
This is a what qualifies as a great quest nowadays? Back in my day, we killed a rat in somebody's attic and thought that was the most amazing quest ever. But, this raises my eyebrows. 

My eyebrows are being raised.
I am not amused.
IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 06:11
Interesting, the Fortune Teller @ http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/92/-512 is sitting there with a troop of Golden Monkeys…

Interesting to see if this conveys different messages according to the type of mission sent?
Balrek View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balrek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2015 at 20:36
Not really been following or partaking in this Greatest Quest but there was a Fortune Teller close to me in Farshards earlier today so I sent a selection of diplos to the camp.

Apart from a 'stop pestering us' message I also got the one below which I find a little odd:

====================

Fortune told for your mission from BL BlindEye Clan.

Sent By:System
Received By:Balrek [SCH==]
Date:20 Jul 2015 14:05
Your diplomatic mission from BL BlindEye Clan. arrives at [831|-3012] in Farshards

The fortune teller smiles grimly. "So, your troops are looking for a challenge, are they? 

The dead speak. 

And one of the names on their lips is the army '1' belonging to 2. Broken Hands

Legendary, they call it. Now begone!

Your diplomatic mission is heading home, alternately pondering and dismissing these words of wisdom.
====================

The Fortune Teller must have decided to join Stomp as she seems to be suggesting I go and attack Stukahh's troops!

Might be a normal/common message but I found it kinda odd that an npc game character would suggest attacking another player and also that she knows the name of his army.

I hasten to add that I have not taken the FT's advice, Stukahh is afterall an Orc, if she had suggested attacking an elf then I may have been more inclined to send troops  :-)

It does raise a couple of points though.  What would have happened if I actually attacked Stukahh's army '1'  (apart from Stukahh getting really upset!) and what would happen if it suggested attacking a small player and somebody followed that up! - "honestly I was just following the FT's instructions in the Greatest Quest"

B.

Edited by Balrek - 20 Jul 2015 at 20:54
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 01:07
What type of diplos did you send?
Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 01:24
[QUOTE=Balrek]
The fortune teller smiles grimly. "So, your troops are looking for a challenge, are they? 

The dead speak. 

And one of the names on their lips is the army '1' belonging to |Stukahh|SIN|
[QUOTE=Balrek]

The fortune teller often tells people about big or rich towns,etc. It depends on what type of units you send. I assume the npcs just pick a random high ranked etc. town. She once told one of my friends to thieve me xD It seems like a coincidence until you realize there are only so many big players and many of them know each other, or at least of each other.

The various 'generic' fortune teller responses (including the one just mentioned in the above post)   are listed here: http://arcanum-illyria.com/wiki/Fortune_Teller

I suspect we are missing at least some of them--the second assassin one in particular--but those are the most common ones anyways.

Edited by Alcie - 21 Jul 2015 at 01:28
IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 07:17
Some change:
http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/-459/-45
During this Full Moon, the tentacles surrounding the "Noxious Spores" left by Exodus of Nesse's Ivory Hall have been silently removed.

Any change around the other clouded cities?

Edition: must have been a UI glitch, tentacles are back in place today…

Edited by IbnSenna - 03 Aug 2015 at 08:55
IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 18:38
Has anybody got a list of the clouded cities?

If not let's build a place where it can be easily updated and made available?

Edited by IbnSenna - 02 Aug 2015 at 16:30
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2015 at 22:36
I have a town mid quest with tentacles still in the vault awaiting the so called assault. I was wondering what efforts have been made by others to prevent them leaving the town. Have previous tentacle towns had large numbers of thieves present? a level 20 vault? have towns been surrounded by armies? Has anyone sent the tentacles out from the town?

It seems to me that if one could prevent them leaving the quest may take a different course.

Also what is the 'third task' ? Fortune teller said, collect tentacles and send messenger. Is the third task to prevent them leaving? or something else?
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2016 at 19:28
I'm where zolvon is... I was advised to place armies around all 8 squares of my city.  Now... I wait?  Has anyone moved beyond this phase?  Has anyone lost escaped tentacles?  When do the spores and/or tentacle plots come up?  Do they ever go away?  What effect do they have on a city?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2324252627 38>
  Share Topic