illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Greatest Quest on Illyriad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 38>
Author
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 14:13
You can see them growing around https://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/125/525 on sov'd squares around some cities...
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 15:46
The toadcap is common to that swampy area, but that they've grown on sov is interesting.  Perhaps it is just other players avoiding those herbs because they are on a sov square?
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 17:04
It is a full moon now - are toadcaps more prolific on full moon ?

If it is related to audrey, moon phase could be a factor as audrey is. Also the fact that mushrooms grow from spores could be a connection.

Edited by Yitshak - 07 Aug 2017 at 17:07
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
Bobtron View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobtron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 18:34
Don't think the toadcaps are anything special, yes, while they seem to profligate around cities, it's because players, (myself included) tend to overharvest the TCs outside of cities to encourage them to respawn elsewhere, perhaps closer to cities and in soving range. My city of Hong Kong has been there for a year or so, I'll let yall know if I see something out of the ordinary.

Edited by Bobtron - 07 Aug 2017 at 18:34
I support the Undying Flame!
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2017 at 19:03
Thanks to you all (i.e. Wartow, Yitshak, Bobtron, ...) for maintaining curiosity about any rules ("algorithms"?) we might decrypt in Illy!

daily, (weekly), monthly, seasonal regularities might have been implemented (combined with regions and climates!):

We still haven't seen any berry, nor any fruit..., nor any "night diamond"!

So any experiment/experience that would be a clue that this game is not a huge hoax, is welcome!

Edited by Hopper - 07 Aug 2017 at 19:04
Revlag View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revlag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 12:58
Hopper, do you happend to know on what date this "flourishing around cities" started?
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2017 at 18:27
You should check with the city owners: I found sporadic sites of Toadscap, about a fortnight ago; I noticed the growth on sov'd squares around cities around new Moon...

Edited by Hopper - 09 Aug 2017 at 14:37
Hucbold View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hucbold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 11:16
Keep feeding Audrey
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 00:52
Originally posted by IbnSenna IbnSenna wrote:

From the previous events (and whatever info I got):
  • noxious spores appear on cities geared with the 20 tentacles, on a full moon, during Audrey beating phase;
  • none of the cities sucessfully kept all the tentacles in store, so we don't know if storing them is indeed the last challenge;
  • none of the escaped tentacles was successfully destroyed.
So, I'd say let's prepare to surround the cities as soon as Audrey wakens — which could occur soon, as more  and more surrounding squares are corrupted.

Kicking some dust here...  Did any of these "spored" cities have a level 20 vault?  Any chance the vault capacity change (now some time back) was a hint to help us poor saps finish the quest?
Alcie View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2017 at 04:31

[/QUOTE]

Kicking some dust here...  Did any of these "spored" cities have a level 20 vault?  Any chance the vault capacity change (now some time back) was a hint to help us poor saps finish the quest?
[/QUOTE]

That's actually a good question. My city certainly didn't have a vault. Vaults were very unpopular back then.. not sure if anyone thought to put one in their crafting city or not--most of us were more thinking about defense against monstrous armies at the time rather than the tentacles escaping.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3334353637 38>
  Share Topic