illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Greatest Quest on Illyriad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 38>
Author
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 06:46
I seem to remember that if you get to the ghost part after the heart is beating, you are forced to wait until the next time it starts again.

I am not going to restart the quest. I will send my tentacles back to the quest city, and I will see what happens.

Edited by Brandmeister - 10 Jun 2017 at 06:46
Marquesta View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marquesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 08:20
So I have the tentacles, but it's been so long since I got them, not sure if I acquired the elf ones from the city they are in now, or not. I sent a messenger to Duraz Kurag, but didn't get the message that Epidemic posted in the first post of this thread. Any ideas why?
~~Marquesta
Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take arms against a sea of troubles, and by opposing, end them...
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 08:30
you have to send the messenger after being told to by the fortune teller
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 09:01
Audrey's alive... diplomats in motion!
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 11:28
I sent caravans to the three temples loaded with 1 of each of the Elemental salts. It's been so long since I have sent anything there that I can't remember the message received. Is this a new message??

I also now have six incoming hostile armies 3 are corrupted human and three Melder...

Your traders from Freedom arrive at the Corrupted Temple!

Sent By:System
Received By:Zolvon [Laugh]
Date:11 Jun 2017 08:04
This long-abandoned Place of High Sacrifice now seems to be expectantly awaiting your visit. 

Ancient statues, weather-worn and chipped, which previously stared blindly out into the jungle, now seem to stare intently at the paths and approaches, as if watching for your people. A thick layer of mould covers the stones, which rots the flesh of any who brush against it. The steps leading up to the ziggurat are now lined with fungal pods, which stand like sentries. A foul-smelling slime drips, in slow streams, down the stairs from the top. 

Something waits at the high altar at the top of the ziggurat. 

As your units climb the steps, thick creepers uncurl behind them, blocking the way back down. Those who have waited at the foot of the ziggurat see in the foliage around them, huge balls of fungus, just starting to split open..
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 23:28
Not sure why we are seeing two incoming for each one... As zolvon said... one is corrupted of your own race and the second is a melder.  Is this a bug?  Was this occurring the last time?  I don't remember it that way...

zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 00:15
My conclusions,

We are told to keep the tentacles safe in the town. This means either have a high level vault, many thieves present or surround town with armies or all three.

"Swift and ruinous attack" means if the tentacles escape the quest is ruined and it happens quickly and without warning.

We are told, "Once it is sated, the next phase will begin." This means we need to send an offering to one of the temples. The "next phase" is an attack from the Melders. Survive and the quest is complete.

I am not sure if anyone has been attacked by Melders? but they are about five days away from my town of Freedom. So I ask for help to survive. If you can send armies to help me ensure survival, please contact me in-game to arrange a confed or NAP if needed.

I hope my excitement is not in vain, but I think we may have cracked the mystery.

Also, I suggest all others mid-quest try sending different units or offerings to one of the temples and see what happens.

Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 00:37
I think hypotheses rather than conclusions.
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neytiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 16:02
I like the idea that you need a vault to protect the tentacles.  It's a pain, but otherwise that building is pretty useless.
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neytiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 16:09
I don't completely understand how you should collect 5 tentacles from another race, though.  Do I understand that correctly?  You need 5 of each?  If the tentacles aren't supposed to leave the city, how do I get anything but elf tentacles?
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 38>
  Share Topic