illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Greatest Quest on Illyriad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 38>
Author
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 00:08
just ensure you have armies occupying on each of the 8 squares surrounding the city.

Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 13:35
Friends in the quest, I am unclear about something.

I am at the stage with the 20 tentacles locked in my basement. Does the next phase only start after Audrey beats? By this I mean, is the sequence:
  1. Complete all crafting research.
  2. Spies to the Fortune Teller.
  3. Message about crafters.
  4. Crone shuffles up the path.
  5. Get 20 tentacles.
  6. Messenger to Duraz Karag.
  7. (Unsure) Audrey must beat?
  8. New moon, tentacles escape.
  9. Land around city becomes corrupted.
  10. (Unsure) Ruinous onslaught.

I have had the tentacles locked in my basement so long that I cannot remember the sequence anymore. Should I be seeing a new progression with the new moon? I looked but couldn't find the times in the past several years when Audrey has beat, so I don't know if my quest is broken or not.

Also, does anyone have the Fortune Teller's current locations?
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 13:42
Well that stinks. Turns out I can ship the tentacles around again. So I guess my quest is broken.
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 14:10
fortune teller location https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NWun81o7dWAQCbpjT0Oo9TuDzrhFoKa8DCjt489XCm8/pubhtml

I have not tried to move tentacles, they have been there a long time, but I guess I may be able to. However I do not think your quest is broken, wait and see if we get a message from old crone in the next few days

Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 17:22
The tentacles only try to escape on the first new? moon after audrey awakes.
My theory: surround the town with occupying armies to prevent the tentacles escaping and corrupting the squares.
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 18:28
I saw the Circle of Five shared the news that Audrey was awake... So I sent diplos, scouts, at one of their hubs.  Is this a common report from scouting a hub?  I sent spies too... Nothing to report there, looks like an empty city.

Operation From:BritainWartow [MOON]
Operation Against:Square [82|-251] in Tor Carrock
Operation Type:Scout
Operation Outcome:Completely Successful!

Mission Report:
Your diplomatic mission was undetected and completed the objective! Your units are on their way home, safe and sound.

Information Gathered:

Troop levels present, foreign reinforcements: 

Type:Unit:Quantity:
NPC's forces from NPC Location
Army: Circle Of Five
Division: A handful of Herrolf's Surveyors from the Circle Of Five
Troops:Warlocks Warlocks3
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2017 at 19:17
Can someone who has tentacles locked in the basement please check the following? No speculation please.

Just go to the trade screen, and select one of the tentacles. Does it give you a message about cannot move the tentacle?

Don't actually try to send it anywhere, I don't want to be responsible for messing up someone else's quest.
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 00:36
No message saying it can't be sent
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 02:52
I also didn't get a message when I tried to send. I know I was at this point of the quest but I got to this part on  16 Sep 2016 13:51
Yitshak View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yitshak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 03:27
I didn't get that message either - in either of the town with testicles  tentacles in.

I have been waiting for HOC to awake for a while now. HOC was not beating when I started, or indeed when I got to this point. 

I will re-send spies to fortune teller etc, when she is within a days range to make sure. I believe that HOC will beat for about 18 day, so plenty of time.
Remember to be nice to the squirrel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 38>
  Share Topic