illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Greatest Quest on Illyriad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 38>
Author
zolvon View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zolvon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 03:20
Still no change in my town. Have been trying to keep town surrounded with armies and have equipped as many commanders/troops with magic resistant gear as possible. Full moon coming up, maybe something will happen then?

Sorry Wartow I can't answer your questions.
IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 07:29
From the previous events (and whatever info I got):
  • noxious spores appear on cities geared with the 20 tentacles, on a full moon, during Audrey beating phase;
  • none of the cities sucessfully kept all the tentacles in store, so we don't know if storing them is indeed the last challenge;
  • none of the escaped tentacles was successfully destroyed.
So, I'd say let's prepare to surround the cities as soon as Audrey wakens — which could occur soon, as more  and more surrounding squares are corrupted.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 07:30
no-one has yet managed to stop the tentacles escaping - that is the clue.
You must occupy every square without fail.
the full moon is definately when the tentacles tried to escape.
whether the escape attampt requires audrey to be active, I can't remember.
Good Luck.
Mail me is you want any assistance.
Dung

Edit: the post above mine sums it up too

Edited by Dungshoveleux - 23 Jan 2016 at 07:31
IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 11:34
Triggering Heart of Corruption activity:

hello, persistent (should I say 'stubborn, dumb-ed'?) Illy players, still investigating Audrey, Duraz Karag, advanced racial crafted items, Fortune Teller gibberish, etc.

Audrey extension seems to have reached the previous level of contamination, and last full moon didn't let her beat again.

Do we still miss some more extension?
Is there another triggering factor we have overlooked?

Your thoughts and experience are welcome!
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 11:50
From memory you had to prevent anything from the town am I right? One thjng that I do not think has been tried is to blockade each sq around a town so 8 blocks maybe that might trigger the next step.
Good luck
IbnSenna View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IbnSenna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 12:08
mmh! do you really mean 'blockade'? (which would mean 'hostile' occupation around the cities where tentacles could attempt an escape?)
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 12:33
Yeah, can't hurt to try it. What's the worst that can happen? Nothing? Plenty of nothjng has happened so far so may as well try somethjng new.
If they try to leave they may be captured so you could consider sending blockades from other players tnat are up to the same stage as you.
ubluntu View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubluntu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 22:22
We have 8 more squares to corrupt for the required 85 to wake her up.
Dungshoveleux View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dungshoveleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 22:35
I would lay money that the quest requires that you occupy all the 8 squares in order to stop the tentacles escaping and multiplying.  During the new moon phase after HOC stops (I think).
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 23:04
And the best way to stop things is a blockade. If the time is getting close there are enough players at the same level of the quest. Drop out of your alliance stock up on what you need and get them to blockade you. If that does not work move on to something else.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 38>
  Share Topic