illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Greatest Quest on Illyriad!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>
Author
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Greatest Quest on Illyriad!
    Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 14:04

"I'd recommend a good vault and additional reinforcement DIRECTLY on your city."

Yes indeed: the plan for the next period of activity is to have both surrounding armies, with diplo reinforcement, and strong inside help, with a large diplo contingent, and a vault.

The previous episodes didn't show military defeats, rather a lack of diplo intelligence?

Some gear against magical/undead/monstrous should be considered too?
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 13:15
Originally posted by Hopper Hopper wrote:

I wouldn't! Some of the messages asked NOT to move the tentacles!

Yes, at one point you are told not to move the tentacles.  But the refusal of the crone to visit a city is a sign that the city had previously failed.  My recommendation was at an effort to reset the quest.

(btw, in one of the two cities I geared for next Audrey's activity, I store extra tentacles — I could do with more, though!)

I think the messages about NOT moving tentacles should be taken as NEITHER ADDING NOR SUBTRACTING tentacles from your inventory.  Only the fools continue to feed the spread of the corruption.

i'm ready to occupy all eight tiles around the city with armies, each one enhanced with diplos of every denomination… and ask help to friendly neighbours in order to build a second circle around the city - i.e. 16 tilez to occupy till next New Moon (?)

I'd recommend a good vault and additional reinforcement DIRECTLY on your city.  But nothing with Audrey in imminent.  A long way to go before she is active.
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 14:05
I wouldn't! Some of the messages asked NOT to move the tentacles!

(btw, in one of the two cities I geared for next Audrey's activity, I store extra tentacles — I could do with more, though!)

i'm ready to occupy all eight tiles around the city with armies, each one enhanced with diplos of every denomination… and ask help to friendly neighbours in order to build a second circle around the city - i.e. 16 tilez to occupy till next New Moon (?)

Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 13:32
Originally posted by Asvenger Asvenger wrote:

I have been sending to the fortune tellers and getting the positive I'll send you a message soon response. The followup Duraz Karag message has not happened for at least the last 5 times. I'm wondering if need to hit the fortune teller at a certain time in the lunar cycle 

I get this behavior too... in some cities.  But in recently captured cities I am able to generate both the correct message from the fortune teller AND to get the crone to show up when expected.  I might try shipping out all tentacles to see if my "reputation" resets with fortune teller and whether that will change the crone's desire to visit my forbidden cities.
Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 09:33
Had you got a positive response in another city? It seems the old crone visits one city/player?

Asvenger View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asvenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 06:04
I have been sending to the fortune tellers and getting the positive I'll send you a message soon response. The followup Duraz Karag message has not happened for at least the last 5 times. I'm wondering if need to hit the fortune teller at a certain time in the lunar cycle 
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 21:23
Originally posted by DeliciousJosh DeliciousJosh wrote:

Okay guys, I'm ready!
2 towns are prepared with 5x of each tentacle.
I am going to send messengers to Duraz Karag. Should I do so before Audrey starts beating, or After she starts beating next time?
Have to hit the fortune teller first.  She will tell you when and where to hit Duraz Karag.  Do this immediately following the visit of the old crone.

Good luck!
DeliciousJosh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeliciousJosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 10:23
Okay guys, I'm ready!
2 towns are prepared with 5x of each tentacle.
I am going to send messengers to Duraz Karag. Should I do so before Audrey starts beating, or After she starts beating next time?

PublicRelations
HumanResources
Wartow View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wartow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2019 at 01:55

Do you suspect that tentacles need to be 'freshly' acquired to trigger the escape procedure to last step of the discovery?

Would it make sense, given the sort time to get the necessary items! (your own racial, then trade with other races?!)

My thoughts at this point:

(1) If a city has failed the quest then it can never complete it successfully.  Are players attempting the quest for the first time, that is having 5 tentacles of each race prior to Audrey's awakening, are these players receiving the usual messages that have been already documented?

(2) Perhaps more than 5 of each race is needed to improve chance of success?  The message does say "at least" five of each race.

Hopper View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2019 at 14:25
Do you suspect that tentacles need to be 'freshly' acquired to trigger the escape procedure to last step of the discovery?

Would it make sense, given the sort time to get the necessary items! (your own racial, then trade with other races?!)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 38>
  Share Topic