Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Player tournament: Don't get eaten

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Nesse View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Nesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Player tournament: Don't get eaten
    Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 18:28
Edit:
Important update: Any documented losses against some aspect of Audrey or tentacled growth will count, for the duration of the event. The participating towns now have one of the adjacent squares corrupted. There is currently (7/11) no military activity from those corrupted squares and attacking units return without battle - see page 23 of this thread for current info.

As most probably know, the Heart of Corruption aka Audrey is growing fast and approaching the state where she will start beating again. As is also common knowledge, unlocking crafting the racial equipment requires surviving a "swift and ruinous onslaught" when "the dread corruption rises again". 
I am currently only aware of two towns that have unlocked this second quest of three, and three more that will potentially succeed before Audrey starts beating again.

Since I am not a great military player, I would very much appreciate support in defending, and I am sure any other ambitious crafters would as well. Thus, and in order to add some incentive, I hereby declare a "defend-against-Audrey-competition". The rules are simple:

1) You have to partake in defending an eligible town against an onslaught from Heart of Chaos during the limited time it is beating next time. 
2) All participating players will, if the defense eventually leads to unlocking crafting in that town, receive at least one piece of that equipment.
3) The Defense casualties in eligible towns will be counted and the players with highest score will receive generous amounts of gold as outlined below. If the town you reinforce actually survive the onslaught, your losses will count double.
4) Only towns confirmed in this thread to a) have unlocked the quest and b) Commits to donate at least one unit of equipment per player in the case of successful defense and solving the third quest. Additional incentives for supporting your town are welcome!
5) Please note that you need to have troops reinforcing the town at the time of attack. This means that you need to be in the same alliance or an alliance that is confederated or NAPped with the defending town. Any attacks on participating towns will mean automatic disqualification.

Tournament prizes:

A. Players over 40k population:

1st place 150 mil gold

2nd place 75 mil gold

3rd place 40 mil gold

B: Players under 40k pop : 

1st place 150 mil gold

2nd place 75 mil gold

3rd place 40 mil gold

C: Players under 10k population

75 million gold will be divided among all participating players with less than 10k population

Edit:

Current towns in the tournament are Odds elfish town Entwash (925/523), Alcies human town Fry (at 663/799)
and Nesses Dwarf town Ivory Hall. However, any troops defending against Aurdey forces in a town that has unlocked the second crafting quests may be counted - we are aware of Epidemic having one that is not on this list.

Edited by Nesse - 07 Nov 2014 at 00:31
Nesse(Dwarven Druids) and Odd (Fairy Road Authority)
Nesse View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 18:39
Town entry: Entwash
My (Odds) town Entwash (http://elgea.illyriad.co.uk/#/World/Map/925/523) has sent a messenger to Duraz Karag, receiving confirmation of quest2.

I will provide the following prices to each player supporting the defenses (regardless of size):
1) One set of Ebony spear, choice of animal scale armour or spiked plate, and nimble warhorse.
2) 1 million gold
3) In the case of actually unlocking the Elven Spirit Bow, 3000 bows distributed over all participating players. (E.g. if there are 30 players, each will get 100 bows.)

Nesse View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 18:49
Any alliance with players wanting to participate in this tournament are welcome to apply for a temporary NAP with Fairy Road Authority [Roads], and should there be a Druid town entry, the same applies for Dwarven Druids [Druid]. 
In both cases, we will be happy to retain the NAP after the tournament as well, actually.
Nesse View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 19:22
This has been posted before, by Epidemic, see http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/the-greatest-quest-on-illyriad_topic5771.html#77651 for the full text of the fortune teller messages.

But is of obvious interest here, so ... after collecting tentacles and consulting the Fortune Teller, my messenger returned(!) from Duraz Karag with the following message:

Your diplomat walks quietly around the empty halls, his footsteps echoing in the silence underneath the arches of the ruined cathedral ceiling. 

Spotting a gentle glow emanating behind a ruined pillar, he carefully and quietly peers behind the rubble. 

His initial trepidation is replaced by a sense of wonderment as he sees the vague, shimmering outline of a great Dwarven warrior, resplendent in ancient armour. Despite the ghostly shape's clearly unnatural nature, he feels nothing but calm. 

The translucent figure speaks with a deep, slow voice; although it appears his lips do not move. 

" You have done well thus far, and may yet prove yourself worthy. 

You must keep these terrible boils of corrupted flesh safe in your town. 

I warn you. Do not send them out, do not transfer them away. Keep them safe whilst you prepare yourself. 

When the dread corruption rises again, Entwash will be in dire peril. Secure this town as best you can; you may wish to seek assistance from your compatriots, as the onslaught will be swift and ruinous when the time comes. 

Survive this test, and you will have but a single trial ahead of you before the secret will be yours. "

The mysterious figure fades into the background, and after searching the ruins thoroughly, your diplomat returns home.

Edited by Nesse - 10 Aug 2014 at 12:10
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 19:24
This is the first time in Illy history this is happening, anything can happen.

Edited by Epidemic - 27 Aug 2014 at 09:02
TanyaFairy View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanyaFairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 22:29
Hi Everyone

No one cares about Epidemic's city but Fairy and Fairi will help any Druid or Road's town as needed and indicated. I will let all Fairies from either alliance know about this. Nesse(Odd) if you can let us know when to send we will get thousands of troops sent to help defend. We can reinforce with both alliances I believe.

Tanya
Aral View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Aral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 22:40
Originally posted by TanyaFairy TanyaFairy wrote:

No one cares about Epidemic's city...

Tanya

Verbally abusing the person who posted above you because of a totally unrelated issue is a rather ineffective way to talk about the issue at hand.  You clearly care about his city, albeit in a negative way, otherwise you wouldn't take time to post something like that in this thread.  
Aral Llc is not responsible for any grievous bodily harm sustained while reading this signature. No rights reserved.
TanyaFairy View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanyaFairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2014 at 22:58
Hi Everyone

sorry Aral...and anyone else. let me be more clear. We will not be helping Epidemic's city but we will help any Roads or Druid city that needs help. Hopefully this has clarified my position.

Tanya
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epidemic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 01:56

Edited by Epidemic - 08 Aug 2014 at 09:38
Thibbledorf View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Thibbledorf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2014 at 08:55
Nesse, I would like to join the defense of your city for the tournament. How soon do you believe you will need the troops present? It's a bit of a trip for me to get there so a week or a bit more of warning is pretty much required for me to help out. Thanks for doing this tourney!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 29>
  Share Topic