FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Peaceful Illy Group (PIG)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 02:41
Deranzin, I would say that each person involved would be in the best position to judge when he/she can move on without bitterness, or at least without letting it unduly influence decisions and attitudes.  I hope that the time will come for everyone.  I know I'm still going through the process myself.
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 08:41
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Deranzin, I would say that each person involved would be in the best position to judge when he/she can move on without bitterness, or at least without letting it unduly influence decisions and attitudes.  I hope that the time will come for everyone.  I know I'm still going through the process myself.

Hmm ... I see ... well considering that you lost nothing in the previous war one could say that you are taking your time with the whole process ... speaking of which, since you are admitting that your "decisions and attitudes" are still being influenced by past occurances, then wouldn't that mean that you should have excluded yourself from a process that demanded people that had already "healed" (by your definition) and were at that moment in time more level-headed .?.

Considering that you were more of a behind-the-scenes participant in the previous war than a frontline fighter, I would have guessed that you would have continued the same way and let the people that actually dealt with the fighting, set the rules of future fighting amongst themselves with whatever mutual respect and practical experience was won via the battlegrounds to guide their way and "stem" any influence of the past, using a vision for the future.

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
Capricorne View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capricorne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 18:25
Well... considering that you ad nothing in this topic but a personal fight with Rill, I wonder why you still bother writing. (and me reading...)

Cheers,
Cap.
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 21:38
Originally posted by Capricorne Capricorne wrote:

Well... considering that you ad nothing in this topic but a personal fight with Rill, I wonder why you still bother writing. (and me reading...)

Cheers,
Cap.

Just because you cannot comprehend the addition, that doesn't mean that there is none. Wink

Just like a "before and after" ad ! ahahahaah :p
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 02:35
I am not sure what your point is, Deranzin.  I was asked to join PIG and did so in good faith.  As I said above, it is possible that the effort, however lofty its goals, was premature.  Or its possible that some of the folks involved, myself included, were not the right ones to pursue the process.

As I have said previously, I wish the PIG members the best in their endeavor.  I look forward to seeing their proposals.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 02:38
As for my "behind the scenes" participation in the last war, I did what many people did, which was support my alliance in both offense and defense, once I returned to Illy in late December 2013.  I was not active in Illy in the time leading up to the war or for the first few months of the war.  I find it curious that people exaggerate my influence and contributions, whether they see them positively or negatively.

Personally, I think people should focus on the folks on both sides who planned and carried out the war; give credit where it is due.
Tyrande Whisperwinds View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrande Whisperwinds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:17
I find it funny how some PIG's members are precisely some well know war-mongers...ppl who used the pretext of previous wars to wipe parts of the map clean and now put the "peace" hood on and expect to be taken as a "international" authority?

Yea..right..
Luthien View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luthien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 10:54
I can't believe I'm actually writing something here....

Kumo - Rill there is obviously bad blood still between the two of you.  This is a game for heavens sake.  

Everyone likes to only point out the bad things that happened during the war - and there were many, on both sides!  But we tend to forget about some of the lights that shone through.  I know of some, and I am sure there are others.  Players leaving alliances at war to go on their merry ways without harsh penalties, "winning" alliances pulling back on the offensive when their opponents were tapped out.   Really, how many accounts are we talking about that were not allowed to leave an alliance due to harsh penalties?  How many "active" accounts were hunted down after they left an alliance (I know there were a few)?

Yes some wonderful players left the game after the war.  And I am very sad that they left.  Why not focus on keeping the players that are here active?  We don't need some big convention to tell us how to play nice with one another.  Illy is a hugely personal game, there is a wonderful community here and no matter how hard we try there is no way to separate the personal part of the game.  The best thing to do when we are in the heat of battle is remember that our opponents are real people just like us, and not just a little pixilated picture on the screen.  If we can all do that, then there is no need for some long confusing document to keep things civil.  

Illy is just a game, it should be fun, smile and enjoy what part you play in the game and lets all move on.

(Edit to correct grammer)

Edited by Luthien - 30 Oct 2014 at 18:02
Angrim View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 18:07
Originally posted by Deranzin Deranzin wrote:

well considering that you lost nothing in the previous war one could say that you are taking your time with the whole process
a moment ago not having had a loss in the war didn't mean one didn't have an investment in it. now it does? because now the subject was on the other side of the conflict?

Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

I find it curious that people exaggerate my influence and contributions, whether they see them positively or negatively.
i find it curious that, after all the work you did within the confederation to build a like-minded power bloc, you would insist that your influence ended with your active presence in the game.

Originally posted by Tyrande Whisperwinds Tyrande Whisperwinds wrote:

I find it funny how some PIG's members are precisely some well know war-mongers...ppl who used the pretext of previous wars to wipe parts of the map clean and now put the "peace" hood on and expect to be taken as a "international" authority?
is that more reprehensible than having used the pretext of the most recent war to do the same? i hear the justification "they did it first" a lot from the vCrow side of the war; however eloquently the point is made, it doesn't convince. and...if you are under the impression that PIG expected to be an international authority, you are badly misinformed.

Originally posted by Luthien Luthien wrote:

The best thing to do when we are in the heat of battle is remember that our opponents are real people just like us, and not just a little pixilated picture on the screen.  If we can all do that, then there is no need for some long confusing document to keep things civil.
and have we proven repeatedly that we can, or that we cannot?

PIG was a long shot from the start, and even if Rill and Kumomoto had become fast friends there were many reasons to expect the venture would fail. if you were there, you know this; if you were not, i wonder why you feel entitled to assign blame.

Edited by Angrim - 30 Oct 2014 at 18:15
Tyrande Whisperwinds View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyrande Whisperwinds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2014 at 13:26
@ Angrim (cause the reply function seems to be acting a little weird for me)...

I was refering especially to the last war, which was the one i participated in (having dropped out in the middle). The Great Alliance accused the others to do wiping in previous wars, and then did exactly the same. It was one of the many reasons that made me quit the war, even if i was on the winning side.
I saw ppl completely destroying an entire region jut because they could, or as a form of "attack is the best defense. I destroy them now, they can't come to bite me later".. What's worse, i even saw ppl destroying other accounts cause they had previous rifts, and just found a justification to throw in the big guns.. a pretext, if u want put it that way.

Now, if PIG isn't some sort of "Illy UN", a sort of "international authority", so to speak, then what PIG is? Cause it seems i completely lost the meaning then...

EDITED for grammar mistakes..

Edited by Tyrande Whisperwinds - 31 Oct 2014 at 13:27
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic