Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 28MAY2014 - Ships and alliance-wide announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

28MAY2014 - Ships and alliance-wide announcements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 03:16
PATHFINDING!
Bonfyr Verboo
LadyLuvs View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLuvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 03:24
Very cool!  Good job Gents!
LadyLuvs
Raven, Murder of Crows Alliance
Bartleby View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bartleby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 04:03
This is my favorite update evaaaaa. A nice addition to an already great map.
ajqtrz View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajqtrz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 04:12
Unless the ships actually ADD something or are necessary for crossing water, what's the point?  Adding nice icons is okay, but, imo, the problem here is that you can still cross water without them so they add not strategy changes to the game.  I think I'd rather see some basic improvements to this already pretty darn good game. Sort of take it from good to great.  Maybe, long term these are intended to become something but for now it's pretty "ho hum" to me. 

PS  I may be overstating this or at least speaking more strongly than I should.  You decide.
Arctic55 View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arctic55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 04:13
THANK YOU SO MUCH DEVS!!!! YOU ARE PROVING THAT YOU CARE EVERY TIME YOU GIVE AN UPDATE, NO MATTER HOW SMALL!!!!   
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 04:16
I guess you could say that we will be naval gazing instead of navel gazing in the future.

Wink
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 04:31
Originally posted by ajqtrz ajqtrz wrote:

Unless the ships actually ADD something or are necessary for crossing water, what's the point?  Adding nice icons is okay, but, imo, the problem here is that you can still cross water without them so they add not strategy changes to the game.  I think I'd rather see some basic improvements to this already pretty darn good game. Sort of take it from good to great.  Maybe, long term these are intended to become something but for now it's pretty "ho hum" to me. 

PS  I may be overstating this or at least speaking more strongly than I should.  You decide.

As I said above, these ship graphics are the ground work for something else. So, yes, you are speaking more strongly than you should. But go for it! :)

GM Rikoo
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Artefore View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Player Council - Biographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artefore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 04:31
Originally posted by ajqtrz ajqtrz wrote:

It may be difficult for someone who hasn't been around as long to understand, but the devs have promised navies for a VERY long time, and any incremental step in that direction is a huge deal to us who have been waiting for it for so long.  
Artefore View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Player Council - Biographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artefore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 04:34
Another suggestion:  make the sails of the ships represent the troops/diplos/traders affiliation to the player.  So your own ships would have blue sails, confed/alliance ships would be green, NAP would be light yellow, neutral would be yellow, and at war would be red.  Just a thought.  That way you could increase the size of the military/diplo ships too.  
Oneeye View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oneeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 05:25
im speechless devs (bows to  the awesome devs) ty for ur hard work this yr and all ur efforts too . 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic