Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 28MAY2014 - Ships and alliance-wide announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

28MAY2014 - Ships and alliance-wide announcements

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
GM Rikoo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Community & PR Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GM Rikoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 28MAY2014 - Ships and alliance-wide announcements
    Posted: 29 May 2014 at 02:02
Commanders:

We are slowly pushing out a few updates here and there and wanted to let you know about one that should have just gone live (at the time of this writing.) We wanted to add some more realism to the game and map so when you cross over a large body of water (including fresh water and rivers, the ocean etc) your caravan will ride a ship across. This is an initial add-on that will act as a foundation for possible future updates, and will smooth the ride down south. (For what, I do not know.) Refresh your browser if you do not see the ships.

We also added in an Alliance-wide announcement that will tell all of your alliance mates the subject of an arriving alliance mail. (This will pop up in alliance chat.) Thanks to player Taryn Bzar for continually shooting message arrows at me concerning this enhancement.

Below you will see the ship types and graphics. Thank GM Cerberus for more fantastic art, and GMs TC and SC for all of their hard work! (Thank me for getting all of the credit.) 

Now back to battle people!

Fresh Water

Trade

Diplomatic

Military

Sea going

Trade

Diplomatic

Military

GM Rikoo

Edited by GM Rikoo - 03 Jun 2015 at 00:45
Illyriad Community Manager / Public Relations / community@illyriad.co.uk
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 02:04
Yay for pretty ships!  I assume that this is basically an added graphic that in the future might represent something, but that actual movements speeds are not affected?

Also, how do animals, faction troops move across water?
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 02:05
Originally posted by Rill Rill wrote:

Also, how do animals, faction troops move across water?
Faction troops use boats and animals swim
Sexy Lynn View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sexy Lynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 02:08
Do we make the ships?
Artefore View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior
Player Council - Biographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artefore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 02:10
The military ship icons are, in my mind, slightly too small to see.  If possible please increase their size just a bit. From a distance above 5 or 6 squares they just look like little mounds of grey.  

Edited by Artefore - 29 May 2014 at 02:29
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 02:12
I think it's going to be hard to differentiate between trade, military and diplomatic movements.  I assume the diplomatic ships will be invisible if not within diplo visibility?
ICEKat View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICEKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 02:26
i like them :)
they're a good improvement to the game well done all !
dantem View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 02:27
nice guys and ty for the ships :D
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abstractdream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 02:31
Nautical icons. One more step on the way to ....

wait for it....

Bonfyr Verboo
DaniSuper View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaniSuper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 02:32

Woohoo! Finally the promised ships arrive! :D Nice catchy addition, and certainly looks more realistic now!

Thanks Big smileBig smile

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic