illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

25MAY14 - Broken Lands update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Silent View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 06:34
Is there going to be anything really Unique to the Broken lands that makes it less like just a mere extension of the map
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 06:41
New mysteries and new factions.  Possibly new creatures?  That's not confirmed yet.
kodabear View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Astronomer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kodabear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 16:47
Originally posted by Rillbear Rillbear wrote:

New mysteries and new factions.  Possibly new creatures?  That's not confirmed yet.

if there is new creatures i vote for magic bear Big smile 
** Has the magic bear cast spell to forces everyone to vote for adding magic bears.**
I had hope to start over with everyone one use but oh well there is nothing i can do about that. We are running out of space for new alliance to setter at. Yes there are some space left but they aren't very good.
dantem View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 18:24
Originally posted by kodabear kodabear wrote:

if there is new creatures i vote for magic bear Big smile 
** Has the magic bear cast spell to forces everyone to vote for adding magic bears.**

u have my vote!!! lol...but u still need 2 get the GM votes....Tongue
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
Twist View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 19:46
in the initial anouncement of Broken lands... I think I remember Undead npcs? and not just for a tournament, but for regular play?
which would give some use to the crafted items with bonus vs undead ;)
Beyljr View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beyljr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2014 at 20:15
I like it!

I am glad that there won't be more cities, as that would totally defeat this upgrade. I also like the no extra tenaril.

Great job!
Northern Ranger View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Northern Ranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 03:52
I think the new plan is a much better way to open up BL than the original plan.  Thank you devs!  20 cities is already plenty to handle; doubling that would be just too much.

But, there is certainly merit to keeping things as close to a fresh start as possible.  How about instead of allowing a 'regular' exodus from Elgea, make every new city in Broken Lands start from scratch.  Allow Tenaril and settlers, nothing else.  For players who are at their limit of cities per their overall population, give them a way to desert existing cities in order to free up a slot for settlers.  (Actually, I think that would be a good thing independent of BL.)

Ancient Nightowl View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ancient Nightowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 11:13
The original concept of BL was great - just what was required 18 months ago when it first hit the headlines. Since then NOTHING. 
In fact the idea of policing and clearing out the likes of old and permasat accounts and putting a stop to 3rd and 4th accounts for terraforming (regardless of how briefly they exist) has also fallen by the wayside.
This latest version of BL is BS.
Restrict the time one can babysit an account which will clear out the permasat ones and get back on track - at least with the original concept of BL, then start thinking about all the other broken promises - roads, Factions etc. etc and drop SOON from the vocabulary, its a very stale joke.
Bytor View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bytor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 15:38
all i can say is i cant wait Big smile
ICEKat View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICEKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2014 at 16:17
Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

• There will be no second accounts, or "10 more cities".  Everyone is still limited to 2 accounts of 10 cities each, across the combined continental landmasses. On a separate note, we are aware of many of the frustrations players experience due to perma-sat accounts, and we will be addressing this separately in the near future.

SC

simple solution to permasat accounts
do the same as in other games
sitters can't send resources or troops out of the account  - you're literally just sitting the account - moving defense around in the acct and building for the player who is absent for whatever reason

simples
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic