illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

25MAY14 - Broken Lands update

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
LadyLifeGrows View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLifeGrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 25MAY14 - Broken Lands update
    Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 22:39
Originally posted by ubluntu ubluntu wrote:

Originally posted by GM Stormcrow GM Stormcrow wrote:

Originally posted by ICEKat ICEKat wrote:

not if you limited the amount of time allowed for a sat account
say 50% of actual time logged by the owner  (not sat)
so they log on for 3 months straight they can be sat for 45 days

then once the account was no longer used by the real owner it would become abandoned surely ?

I think that's what we're looking at: a time-limited period for sitting in a calendar year, beyond which further sitting is forbidden.  We'd much rather do that than a combination system.

SC

Why not keep it simple?
If an account holder has not logged in for 60 days(maybe 90 for prestige buyers) remove all sitters from the account so the existing enforced account removal can work as intended.

Yes, the account holder can login and appoint a sitter again, but how many permasat accounts see the real account holder?

I think it strikes a nice balance between minimizing development time and impact on gameplay while maximizing effectiveness.

Another excellent one. The enforced account removal timer would begin the day the account sitters were kicked.
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLifeGrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 22:34

I'd also add that players could/would also use thieves/troops as a way of taking (rather than sending) resources from a sat account, which would bypass the "no sending" implementation.

In Illy, it's never quite as simple as it looks on first glance! Smile

SC

Yes, StormCrow; that is how it was done in LoU.
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyLifeGrows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 22:10
Originally posted by Korben Dallas Korben Dallas wrote:

If you want to keep the idea of 'equal footing' for new players and veterans alike in Broken Lands I suggest making BL settler only. No tenariling or exodusing please. I know my suggestion means really planning your settlements and no terraforming. I'd also put in for a city destruction research (with a rules list like exodus) and faster moving settlers please? Wink

I think this is excellent.

The Devs solution is superb for newer players.

But the Big ones have reason to be big-time disappointed. They matter, too. I suggest you copy one of LoU's good points and allow account-sitting for only half the number of days the account was actively played by its original owner. Just after that is implemented, you give the Big guys their sweetie: any player with 16 cities (in two accounts) may have a third account in their own name, which is automatically spawned in the B.L.
Ancient Nightowl View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ancient Nightowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 05:08

then once the account was no longer used by the real owner it would become abandoned surely ?

I think that's what we're looking at: a time-limited period for sitting in a calendar year, beyond which further sitting is forbidden.  We'd much rather do that than a combination system.

SC

Exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about for these accounts.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 05:04
Originally posted by ubluntu ubluntu wrote:

Why not keep it simple?
If an account holder has not logged in for 60 days(maybe 90 for prestige buyers) remove all sitters from the account so the existing enforced account removal can work as intended.

Yes, the account holder can login and appoint a sitter again, but how many permasat accounts see the real account holder?

I think it strikes a nice balance between minimizing development time and impact on gameplay while maximizing effectiveness.

It's certainly simple to implement.  

My worry is that it doesn't address the issue that under that system someone could genuinely log in 4 times a year and be regarded as an active player vs a permasat alt.  

I do think there's an issue with sitting that fundamentlly revolves around "actually playing the game" - and I don't want any change we make to bestow further "legitimacy" on the current state.

SC
ubluntu View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ubluntu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 03:54

SC

Why not keep it simple?

GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 02:51

SC

Flavius Aetius View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flavius Aetius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 01:38
Originally posted by Impedious Impedious wrote:

My two cents. I have been playing since Feb.  To find available 7 food locations took me over a week using Illytools and even then my spots were pretty crappy and I felt like I had to squeezing in to cracks making having a city cluster impossible.  It was incredibly frustrating and must be worse now. If new players like me can't join an game with feeling restricted beyond belief we won't and the game will die I suspect most 10 city players don't need to use prestige much anymore. The company has to make money or the game is gone a la LoU. For me having new land I can move into without squeezing into the cracks between established players who seem to do little is well worth the cost of using Exodus.  This is going to cause tension as players and alliance jostle for position which I think will liven up the game and make it more enjoyable for most players. I am happy with what the developers did and don't really give a rat's patooie what the the mega players think

I couldn't have said it better myself. 
Cry havoc and let slip the eagles of freedom - The Raven King
Impedious View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Impedious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 01:23
My two cents. I have been playing since Feb.  To find available 7 food locations took me over a week using Illytools and even then my spots were pretty crappy and I felt like I had to squeezing in to cracks making having a city cluster impossible.  It was incredibly frustrating and must be worse now. If new players like me can't join an game with feeling restricted beyond belief we won't and the game will die I suspect most 10 city players don't need to use prestige much anymore. The company has to make money or the game is gone a la LoU. For me having new land I can move into without squeezing into the cracks between established players who seem to do little is well worth the cost of using Exodus.  This is going to cause tension as players and alliance jostle for position which I think will liven up the game and make it more enjoyable for most players. I am happy with what the developers did and don't really give a rat's patooie what the the mega players think
ICEKat View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ICEKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2014 at 00:42

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic