illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tourney End Date

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Canesrule View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canesrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2014 at 18:42
Thanks SC. It is a bit off putting to have been looking at the in game tournament link and sending troops based on the time indicated there. I am sure I am not the only one that has used that time as the official end time. Well what can one do. Split the difference and have the tourney end at 11:59 on Sat. lol
Finwë Aldaríon View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finwë Aldaríon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 08:17
Is it only me or the tourney region attacking page has stopped recording the attacks a day before (like set at the wrong end date?).

Last attack recorded in Middle Kingdom is on 23 May at 23.58.05 by mCrow .. I attacked and hold the square on the 24th, but there is no record of it!

Unfortunately, I deleted the reports before I saw the bug :(

Twist View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 10:19
all squares have stopped reporting battles at midnight last night  23:59:59, 23/05/14

not one square has a battle listed afterwards... 

I had several hits on Turalia from 04:04 to 04:45, all system mails are still in mailbox.... yet nothing listed on the tourney page
Canesrule View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canesrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 10:27
It would appear that the coding supports my original point about the end date.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 13:20
It appears that the tournament casualties/battle outcomes stopped recording at midnight Friday.  

However, the "possession" totals (ie who is in possession of a square) is continuing to record accurately, so the ultimate outcome of each square (and overall alliance winners) is correct - it's just that we don't get combat and casualty stats for the last 24hrs.  Apologies for this, but it's pretty immaterial, and we'll try and backload the last 24hrs of stats for those who are interested.

Regards,

SC
Twist View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 14:57
very interested, if possible.... no chance of my alliance winning anything, but the position we did achieve I view as a success considering this was our alliance's tourney debut :)

added to us being one of the most peaceful alliances, I'm proud of all our members and how we performed in this tournament.... if we climbed yet another placed before the deadline, I'd consider that in itself as a victory

Rhino70 View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 15:56
I don't see it as immaterial. It would be nice to see other players loses and stats when your not on the square. It would be nice to have one tourney in this game that doesn't have any bugs or issues with it. It seems you pass it off as immaterial because you can't or won't fix the issue. I for one am getting a bit tired of these types of situations in this game. Bugs and player issues not getting addressed or passed off as oh well sorry, lets move on. Nothing to see here.

Edited by Rhino70 - 24 May 2014 at 16:04
Evae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 18:32
I am in complete agreement with Twist and Rhino, this is hardly immaterial information to those of us who are involved.  This is my first tourney, Night Squires is a training alliance.  There is much maneuvering and strategy that goes into the final hours of this tournament.  It would be VERY useful to our players and me to be able to evaluate the final 24 hours of action.
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 19:18
Evae, if you are fighting on a square, don't you have battle reports?

I don't see this as a big deal. It's a minor glitch, although this sort of thing should be thoroughly tested BEFORE deployment.
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2014 at 20:56
Participants do, indeed, have battle reports - with a lot more information in them than the tournament summary page.  

The tournament page summary was simply a nice way of presenting all that information to all players and to allow those not participating in the tournament to at least experience it vicariously; however, I certainly recall when we first introduced the tournament stats page many people were up in arms about us "making their strategies public", and "making scouts irrelevant" - and we received many petitions to remove the information.  

Now we clearly have the reverse.  Next time we'll save everyone (including ourselves) the headache of having things accessible and transparent - and simply make the next tournament entirely information-less in public, until we announce the winner at the end.  This would also have the side effect of encouraging participants to share information (and possibly mis-information), and might lead to some much more interesting diplomatic strategies at the meta-level as well as from a micro-scouting perspective.

For the avoidance of doubt, this lack of the last 24hrs of information hasn't changed *anything* in the tournament whatsoever. The armies that were arriving and fighting have arrived and fought, and if you were involved in the battle, you'd have much more informative and informational stats in your mailbox.  As I said earlier, I'll try and backfill the information, so don't worry - you can still use it for training purposes.

I'd also point out that everything was working entirely, before deployment, and for the first 28 days of the tournament.  Time is, of course, the factor here - and it's hard to test time in advance.

Regards,

SC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic