FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Main: First cartographic outlines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
GM ThunderCat View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GM ThunderCat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Main: First cartographic outlines
    Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 20:05
First cartographic outlines of the Southern Continent!

Brother Ambrosius, Chief Cartographer of the Order of Allembine, has returned with sketchbooks and first impressions from the recently discovered continent South of Elgea.

"I travelled over the seas with the South Oceans Company of Larn to meet these peoples called the 'Yuraquncha'.  I expected an Island.  But what I found was more: it is an entire continent, and very unlike that which we understand here in Elgea.

I have not had the time to travel this continent extensively, but I did travel Southwest from Suiqias into the region named Clarien, where I met with many different peoples and representatives from throughout the lands thereabout.

From these meetings - and aided by a map I purchased at Shearwall Market (apparently taken from the hands of the Pirate Kings, the trader insisted) - I have compiled an outline maps of the lands herein.  The map lacks detail of the interior, but I feel confident that the outline and the essence is largely correct.  I have placed this general map at the disposal of all the lords and ladies of Elgea.

I believe our understanding of the world has changed significantly, and my most excellent Order of Allembine will provide further details of the residents and their dealings shortly.  A second expedition has already been despatched, with specific orders to provide further cartographic accuracy."

Edited by GM ThunderCat - 18 Mar 2014 at 20:06
BellusRex View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BellusRex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 20:39
Thanks guys, great to see...
"War is the father of all things..."
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 20:40
Wow! looks like the underlying textures are different down there ...  still all 0-food squares though, so no settling yet.
jimbo_hawkins View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo_hawkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 20:48
I'm looking forward to an Oklahoma-style land rush...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_Run_of_1889 for those not interesting ways to give away land
Kelis View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 23:35
Good news! It seems our little hissy-fits on GC about lack of progress made a difference.

Let's keep the devs feet to the fire! No more long delays!

Yay!
Kelis
Kelis View Drop Down
New Poster
New Poster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 23:38
It looks as if there are plans to introduce water travel? There are vast areas of water...
Kelis
Mr Damage View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Damage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 05:05
I can smell a tournament in the air, this could be interesting!!!!!
Caconafyx View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caconafyx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 15:44
I'm not ashamed to admit it... I may have pee'd myself a little

Miklabjarnir View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miklabjarnir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 16:33
They seem to have made the "square map causes square land" blunder common to inexperienced game-world makers.
And yes, looks like ships will become important. Hope terrain, caravan load levels and paths/roads will appear, too.

Yeesha D'ni View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yeesha D'ni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 18:02
Thanks, Brother Ambrosius for bringing me back the minimap of "The Broken Lands" and drawing grid squares into it. I lost it at 31.01.2013 anywhere. By the way, bro, it's outdated. We already stare at a 3D version of it for about 16 months and out of boredom colonized space instead.
Brother, if you ever meet any devs on your journeys, could you please ask them to answer all those critical threads in General Forum? Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic