FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

War Discussions in GC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 18:44
You can feel free to just go ahead and discuss around them.  GC is more than capable of handling two conversations at once.  

I agree with Hath.  This is pretty much what the channel was made for.  
scaramouche View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaramouche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 19:28
Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

Threatening to abandon is the Internet equivalent of a kid grabbing their ball and going home to mom.

That said, GC has turned into a swamp of bad blood and lunatic accusations. Saying, "If you don't like it, leave," is the aggressive version of threatening to abandon, at least in my book. Just because nobody can stop misbehavior on the Internet, doesn't mean that these antics are mature or intelligent. Look, there is only one main chat channel in this game. Many of us play long-term because of the Illyriad community. When every single conversation gets derailed by angry people crashing in for unrelated server war trash talk (or prancey-dancey rubbish about bears), it gets frustrating for people just trying to have a normal social discussion.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the rest of us wish you guys would just shut up and fight.

since the demise of the bitter sea, frustrations are vented through the forums in a more.... gentile way
war talk IMO..Doesn't dictate GC..yes there are times when it crops up and yes...it ends as quickly as it starts
non warring players have to understand sometimes the topic in GC will go onto the present war..for crying out loud ...its a major event in the history of ILLRIAD....some people have to understand you cannot simply brush events such as this under the carpet and pretend it isn't happening...so yea Ropa and others...go bury your head in the sand and get on with your GC cuddles and snuggles and let the creators of a new era get on with their job, even if that means having to put up with some war talk in GC.
NO..I dont do the Fandango!
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 19:40
Originally posted by scaramouche scaramouche wrote:

frustrations are vented through the forums in a more.... gentile way

LOL. I think you mean 'genteel'. A word indicating politeness and chivalry. Gentile is an archaic word for non-Jews.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 20:30
Maybe there's room for everything.  Hur hur wargarble garble, snuggling, bears, knitting, people complaining about people wargarbling or knitting ... the whole gamut.

Maybe we need to learn to tolerate each other.  Maybe we'll even find that we enjoy each other, if we keep an open mind.
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaramouche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 20:38

frustrations are vented through the forums in a more.... gentile way

LOL. I think you mean 'genteel'. A word indicating politeness and chivalry. Gentile is an archaic word for non-Jews.

lol...ok Brand...I stand corrected, I think? yes, I've just checked...your right.

Edited by scaramouche - 07 Feb 2014 at 20:39
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deranzin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2014 at 23:42

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the rest of us wish you guys would just shut up and fight.

Now there is a sentence I'd sign under every day of the week. Big smile

so yea Ropa and others...go bury your head in the sand and get on with your GC cuddles and snuggles and let the creators of a new era get on with their job, even if that means having to put up with some war talk in GC.

Wow, now ain't that a grand proclamation ... one has to wonder though what ELSE people might have to "put up with" while "the creators of a new era get on with their job". Wink Tongue
tansiraine View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tansiraine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 05:31
I have no issue with constructive conversation about the War BUT...

Many times the "war" talk is just insults being thrown at people and that is wrong... Or how some people that know how to push others button will sit there and try to get them in GC so it can become a rant fest.  ( no offense Hath I have seen you yell in GC for Kumo, making snide remarks to try to push his buttons under the guise of "war" talk.)  That is the type of behavior that most likely has sparked the reaction from Ropa.  
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaramouche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 09:00
Originally posted by Deranzin Deranzin wrote:

Now there is a sentence I'd sign under every day of the week. Big smile

so yea Ropa and others...go bury your head in the
sand and get on with your GC cuddles and snuggles and let the creators
of a new era get on with their job, even if that means having to put up
with some war talk in GC.

Wow, now ain't that a grand proclamation ... one has to wonder though what ELSE people might have to "put up
with" while "the creators
of a new era get on with their job". Wink Tongue

hehehe...yea was a bit OTT and grandiose...but it looks cool.
Gossip Boy View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gossip Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 09:49
And looking cool will matter in the new era...
Elessar2
[08:34]<Rill> when you've just had part of your brain taken out, you lack a certain amount of credibility
<KillerPoodle> I can say anything I like and it is impossible to prove or disprove
The Duke View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2014 at 16:23
Originally posted by tansiraine tansiraine wrote:

I have no issue with constructive conversation about the War BUT...

Many times the "war" talk is just insults being thrown at people and that is wrong... Or how some people that know how to push others button will sit there and try to get them in GC so it can become a rant fest.  ( no offense Hath I have seen you yell in GC for Kumo, making snide remarks to try to push his buttons under the guise of "war" talk.)  That is the type of behavior that most likely has sparked the reaction from Ropa.  
Ill take Hath calling Kumo out in GC over TVM and T-O members calling the other side rapist and such. Then stating its fine  cause the shoe fits. 
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic