Play Now Login Create Account
illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stacked army labels on the map

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: When armies are stacked on the map, should they show...
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
0 [0.00%]
51 [100.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stacked army labels on the map
    Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 14:20
Hi everyone,

Opening a poll here just to ascertain preference.

The question is that:
  • When multiple armies are stacked on a square
  • And you own one of those armies
  • And the armies have different orders (eg one is set to siege and the other is set to occupy)
... we can only show one of the orders for one of the armies.

We currently show the order (as represented by the icon, and as appears when you click on the square) for the army that you own - which is not necessarily the "most important" order (eg "siege" or "blockade").

It's easy to change.  Please vote!

Best,

SC
Elmindra View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elmindra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 17:14
My god please this.  There is no reason to not show the most important command on the map.  It is so frustrating to not be able to tell if there is a blockade you are reinforcing, or if the siege you sent to reinforce is still present.
Rill View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General
Player Council - Geographer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 18:44
If I want to know what my own army is doing there, I can check my troop movements page.  If I want to find out if a blockade is still alive, it's much better to be able to see it on the map rather than have to wait for my colleague to come online and ask ... or send a caravan and see what happens.  (My caravan drivers union told me after the last incident that they are NOT scouts or soldiers and if I deliberately sent them through enemy lines at risk of their lives again, they were going to strike or defect to the other side.)

Edited by Rill - 12 Jan 2014 at 18:46
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 20:22
Not even a question. The siege icon should always show. This drove me nuts during the eCrow-DB siege exercise.

Perhaps if we have reinforcements on the square, you could have the flag be blue when selected (like now), just so we can tell at a glance where we positioned our own reinforcements.
Aurordan View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster
Player Council - Ambassador

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurordan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 21:10
Yeah, definitely like the new way. It was really unintuitive before.
Sisren View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sisren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 21:39
Can we have a 3rd option?
Why does it have to be this way or that?

I'd rather that NO information be given so freely...
Mara Zira View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mara Zira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 22:52
Another option would be if your army is in the stack but not the one actively sieging or blockading that it would show up in your orders as "Reinforcing Siege" or "Reinforcing Blockade" or something like that. Thus, I'd know my army's orders, what part my army is playing, and if the siege or blockade was still actively going. I do not have direct experience with this, so perhaps my suggestion misses the point. Anyway, I think some people might end up confused if only the stack's "most important" order is shown, thus my suggestion.
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darkwords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2014 at 23:10
Originally posted by Sisren Sisren wrote:

Can we have a 3rd option?
Why does it have to be this way or that?

I'd rather that NO information be given so freely...

Just had to ask....

Do you honestly think you should not know even what your own troops are doing on a square, let alone what your allies are doing whilst accompanied by your army.

I can only guess you misunderstood the matter, this is what you see regarding your troops/occupations, not what your opponents see.
<Deranzin> I'd agree with darkone on that

[21:59]<ropadope> you know I am perverted

<Bartleby> dark is upsetting some peeps
G0DsDestroyer View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G0DsDestroyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2014 at 05:33
I'd vote for the first one just since its all lonely, but I can't think of any reason to justify it, since foremost, if it's your army I hope you know what your army is doing
GM Stormcrow View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
GM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GM Stormcrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 14:34
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic