FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCorrupted Tentacles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Brandmeister View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 20:48
The human armor is versatile and can be produced in large quantities. The elven bow is extremely powerful.

I like that it isn't an individual quest. It's a server scale quest.
Arakamis View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 21:35
why do i need dwarven tentacles to produce an elven bow? or human tentacles for a dwarven armor.. this is a fail if you ask me..
Tatharion View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2013 at 21:42
Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

The human armor is versatile and can be produced in large quantities. The elven bow is extremely powerful.

I like that it isn't an individual quest. It's a server scale quest.

....As opposed to the current server scale war?? 
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 00:42
Tatharion, I don't understand your point. The devs created the supreme item quest as a server scale quest. Developer-provided quests have absolutely nothing to do with alliances declaring war on each other.

Arakamis, I have the mail from the crone, and it implies there are some kind of knowledge guardians who want the tentacles. Quests like the Labors of Hercules are a common trope in RPGs. Also, it makes the requirement the same for everyone, and requires considerable teamwork.

Honestly, didn't anyone find it odd that there was a group of people who suddenly wanted to start feeding Audrey? I'd be inclined to believe at least a few of them had made the crone discovery and needed tentacles.
Darkwords View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 02:01
Your gatekeepers report that a wizened old woman arrived earlier in the day at New Settlement.

She did not enter the city but instead pressed a note into the hands of the gate officer, saying "Give this to your master. He is expecting it."

She left immediately without further word; shuffling off down the road with surprising speed.

The note reads:

"I have spoken with those whom I mentioned; those who guard the secret ways of Duraz Karag.

They may be willing to share their secret, if you prove yourself worthy.

If you still seek this knowledge then there are three tasks you must complete to prove your worth.

Firstly, you must prove your ability to collect unusual materials.

Procure the following items in the following quantities:
x5
x5
x5
x5

When you have at least these quantities of these items in your town's inventory, send a messenger Messengers from New Settlement to the great hall of Duraz Karag at [-203|-122] in Tor Carrock.

Do not fail in this, for your reputation is at risk."

There is no signature on the note.

I dont see anything in that which eludes to the idea they will take the tentacles.
<Deranzin> I'd agree with darkone on that

[21:59]<ropadope> you know I am perverted

<Bartleby> dark is upsetting some peeps
Epidemic View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 02:42
I've got 5 human and 5 elf tentacles now, thank you to those who provided them. I'm now looking for 5 orc and dwarf tentacles, though it seems the dwarven are extremely rare. IGM me if you're willing to trade or pool resources.

Edited by Epidemic - 13 Dec 2013 at 19:23
Tyrande Whisperwinds View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 09:41

I beg to differ. For all the trouble required, i would say the elven spirit bow is quite weak, stats wise...
I just MUST have..cause, you know.. GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL! ;)
Elmindra View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 11:52
Yep, the elven bow is only better in defense by a varying amount of 6-12% depending on the day/night cycle while only being better in attack by a varying amount of 0-6%.  It's only saving grace is the material required to create, seeing that 1 larken and 1 herb is fairly common and inexpensive.
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 13:53
Elven Spirit Bow [@c=71] (-12% Attack, -6% Cav Def, -6% Spear Def, -6% Bow Def, -6% Sword Def, +5% Move Speed, -18% in Arctic, -18% in Desert, -18% in Jungle, +6% in Day, +24% for Elves)
Adding those up, I see a general purpose +18% defense at night, +24% defense in daytime, in all non-exotic biomes, for all terrains. That is extremely powerful for an inexpensive item that can be produced on a large scale. Used for city defense, where the recovery rate is 100%, that is a permanent +18/24 bonus to sentinels and trueshots, which are already powerful general-purpose defenders.

The bow's attack stats are irrelevant. It generally isn't worthwhile using crafted items on attack armies, unless it's cheap items like racial swords or dwarven battle mules.
Tyrande Whisperwinds View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2013 at 14:46

Elven Spirit Bow [@c=71] (-12% Attack, -6% Cav Def, -6% Spear Def, -6% Bow Def, -6% Sword Def, +5% Move Speed, -18% in Arctic, -18% in Desert, -18% in Jungle, +6% in Day, +24% for Elves)
Adding those up, I see a general purpose +18% defense at night, +24% defense in daytime, in all non-exotic biomes, for all terrains. That is extremely powerful for an inexpensive item that can be produced on a large scale. Used for city defense, where the recovery rate is 100%, that is a permanent +18/24 bonus to sentinels and trueshots, which are already powerful general-purpose defenders.

The bow's attack stats are irrelevant. It generally isn't worthwhile using crafted items on attack armies, unless it's cheap items like racial swords or dwarven battle mules.

Nono..i think you got it wrong...
(-12% Attack, -6% Cav Def, -6% Spear Def, -6% Bow Def, -6% Sword Def, +5% Move Speed, -18% in Arctic, -18% in Desert, -18% in Jungle, +6% in Day,+24% for Elves)

1. it CAN´T be used on ANY biome )i mean, unless u want 18% penalty)

2. conclusion, the max defense u get from using it is:
 - daytime : 24 = (+24 from being an elf - 6% from every type of defense + 6% daytime)
 - nighttime : 18 = (24 from being an elf - 6% all defenses)
biome daytime : 6 (+24 from being an elf - 6% from every type of defense + 6% daytime - 18% all biomes)
biome nightime... dont wanna mention it...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic