illyriad
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TRIVIUM

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Malek View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Malek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 00:16
Originally posted by Myr Myr wrote:

Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

Originally posted by Brandmeister Brandmeister wrote:

As I've heard the story told in GC, Myr fought in the original NC-BANE battle because the player getting pushed around was a tiny ~NS~ newb and one of her students. That doesn't seem terribly unreasonable.

There was no tiny ~NS~ newb getting pushed around.

You are wrong, as was Sloter. The war started over a player of mine that had troops next to his city. I sent my troops to surround his city to protect him from a retaliation siege. When this lie was being spread during the war I and many others who had been contacted by BANE leadership with the accusation, asked for proof of this accusation. None was ever produced. 

BTW, thanks for thinking I have 500k troops. Big smile

This is a blatant lie Myr, you rotated blockades on Sirrazer yourself. Trying a new tactic as i seem to remember it being said.  As for "pushing" around your player I disagree. We did sov around him, though at 135  pop (at the time) what would a player of that size use sov for, they could not afford it. To this day that player has still not claimed any sovereignty at all.  So what was the point in the end, we only had 2 large armies left after tourney which you knew from the heavy diploing undertaken by NC in the weeks preceding it (well electro missed the cav army of hyo). 

As for the sov, I had rescinded it, i do not know why it didnt work, instead of a follow up mail it was a declaration instead.  Your gunboat diplomacy in relation to dealing with people will be your undoing. Also NS players heavily supplied NC with res in the war (we watched the speed vans moving in and out of their towns) and also received diplo's from the Nightbringers as well. 

As for retaliation siege? You havin' a laugh or what? Why would anyone siege someone plonked on the map at random and a newb to boot, stop spinning the facts and get it right. You used that excuse as a means to go to war with a weakened alliance, which is par for the course for NC.  NC were offered the chance to go to war with us prior to the tourney, which they did not, refer to GC logs for veirficication.  

SB stated that BANE is full of mercernaries implying that we are all mad troop producers, this is not the case in those days only the people that held the rank of BANE and BANELING and above were troop makers. The rest were support. You guys continually bang on about the lack of razed cities by bane, you must have missed all the forced exodus's of electro and sir bradly which amounted to most of them away from buildings and forests. If BANE was doing that badly, then why did we have 5 cities on NC doorstep that they could not get rid of? 

You reap what you sow and all the alliances that are against you is a testament that a lot of the community of Illy are really just fed up with the lot of you and how you conduct yourselves. 

jcx View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 03:04
Haist....  Dead

People seems overly attached with the past... move on.
Neytiri View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neytiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 04:31
I have this prediction:  Exterminating an alliance is not a just enough cause to keep people motivated to fight for the long term.  (As most of you know, Illy wars can last awhile.)
I thought the right to organize was a just enough cause to keep the Consone members fighting, but even that led to boredom for some members of that assembly.

There's an ugly side to the concept of forcing people out of the game because you don't like the way they play.  One of the nice aspects to Illyriad is the flexibility to approach it however you like. 

I hope, out of the respect I have for those involved, that a better justification for this conflict will  eventually surface.
"It is well that their bodies know the heat and the cold; it will make them strong warriors and mothers." - Absaroke elder (from Edward S. Curtis's book 'The North American Indian')
Evae View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 05:46
Originally posted by Halcyon Halcyon wrote:

There was no tiny ~NS~ newb getting pushed around.

Originally posted by Malek Malek wrote:

...As for "pushing" around your player I disagree. We did sov around him, (emphasis added) though at 135  pop (at the time) what would a player of that size use sov for, they could not afford it. To this day that player has still not claimed any sovereignty at all.  So what was the point in the end...

Hmmmm...135 population (in a spawn spot in the newb ring) seems like a pretty tiny newb to me...

Malek, just so I understand, are you saying that if I as a player don't choose to sov the squares around my towns, my neighbor has a right to sov within 5 squares of me??  (or even 10?).  Although in this case, because I spawned within 10 squares of SirRazor (and within 12 of the player in question) I am intimately familiar with the circumstances.  SirRazor had considerable sov - some as much as 8 squares from his town. He was establishing sov within 5 squares of me and 3 of a seperate neighboring town.  Yes - he was encroaching.  He did not ask for permission from me or my neighbor.  As for "pushing", big player, 7 towns, unresponsive to igm's vs. new player with spawn town?...you be the judge.
Le Roux View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Le Roux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2013 at 06:29
..  talk about derailed thread !

.. eeek  newb ring talk...  guess this has run its course !
Sloter View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sloter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2013 at 18:33
As for part of my post when i mentioned that leader of training alliance used troops i would want to say that i do not have any evidence for that.So i would like to apologize for that part of my post.It is too serious to make that kind of accusation without proof and i have non.

I ask all to disregard that part of my post since information in it can not be confirmed.I apologize both to Myr and NS players for accusing them of using NS troops as neutral alliance in war among BANE and NC.
Meagh View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Meagh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 07:25
Originally posted by Evae Evae wrote:

Malek, just so I understand, are you saying that if I as a player don't choose to sov the squares around my towns, my neighbor has a right to sov within 5 squares of me??  (or even 10?)

totally aside from your main content.. and being a busy-body forum-trolling dwarf... but how the heck do you NOT have the right to sov within 10 squares of another players towns? Even if you go by the ten square courtesy often used, you seem to completely miss the point of it.  it was made so that both players would be able to sov up to five squares from their city... and do remember this is a courtesy extended not a right to be expected!

If you as a player want to ensure that you hold land within five squares in a crowded zone, then you better sov it. This especially goes for claims in the noob ring (I have had two well developed cities there for a long while). If a player spawns near my cities he cannot expect room to grow. I will not withdraw my sov claims just because rng placed a new player near my land and it is unreasonable that anyone should expect anyone else to do that. - M.

Edited by Meagh - 03 Dec 2013 at 07:28
ES2 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ES2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2013 at 07:51
Originally posted by Meagh Meagh wrote:

Originally posted by Evae Evae wrote:

Malek, just so I understand, are you saying that if I as a player don't choose to sov the squares around my towns, my neighbor has a right to sov within 5 squares of me??  (or even 10?)

it was made so that both players would be able to sov up to five squares from their city... and do remember this is a courtesy extended not a right to be expected!

Are you suggesting that Evae and perhaps others in similar situations have a feeling of entitlement? I agree with what you have to say here. Why should I give up sov squares that I've spent countless gold, resources and research points on because someone spawned within the squares being claimed?

I know a common argument is "well you should have claimed sov before they spawned there", but I don't see how anyone can prevent a random new account spawning in the middle of sov claiming.  I do not think that it is particularly just to expect developed accounts to sit back and allow brand new accounts the same sov room as the developed accounts. 

As you also said, the newer accounts can always leave the newbie ring. There are spots elsewhere in the map for their cities and sov claims. 

Eternal Fire
ES2 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ES2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2013 at 19:09
Originally posted by ES2 ES2 wrote:

Originally posted by abstractdream abstractdream wrote:

ES2
The reason I left TLR was because your actions left me no other choice.

Where have your actions brought you and the former remnants of TLR? 

Hm? 

Eternal Fire
Praetor Nistiner View Drop Down
Greenhorn
Greenhorn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Praetor Nistiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 17:35
What Trvium says its true they only supported us if we played a defensive war which we did and only some players came over to help out including Nallen which sadly abandoned.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic