Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Mayflower View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Topic: War reasons/goals
    Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 16:05
Hi all.

Now I know that most of you may be thinking this is another war propoganda post or something. I assure you it's not. I'm not going to express any opinions here because quite frankly, I don't have any. And that is the problem. While I am involved in this war, I have no personal reason to be, other than the fact that I wish to stand by my alliance and remain loyal. I do know bits and pieces, but I was never personally involved so I don't want to make up my opinion based on a story that everyone tells differently.

I'm hoping that some of you nice people involved could tell us why you started fighting/what you hope to achieve by the end of the war? Gold, justice, vengeance or something else? I'm sure you all have different reasons, and I would like to hear them. And please, no finger-pointing, just your own reasons. You might say you're fighting because you think this alliance is a bully, but don't start blaming and arguing about who started it please. I don't wish for this post to degenerate into another hate war. Just state your own reasons please.

So what I hope to achieve here today is to understand why you guys are fighting. I am not saying we shouldn't fight; I am not saying we should. All I'm aiming for is a clearer picture of this war, both for me and for others out there. Who knows, this might even help in future peace talks, which would probably be smoother if the warring alliances understood each other better.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you can help by sharing your reasons.
DeathDealer89 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 16:16
Go read the other 2-3 maybe 4 threads on the topic.  Making another thread and asking everyone the same question won't get a better response.
Mayflower View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 16:29
I have. After reading about 20 pages of those it's mostly just people calling each other the villain. That debate would never end. What I'm tryimg to ask here is more clear-cut (I hope). What exactly do you hope to achieve? Say if your enemy surrendered tomorrow, what would you ask from them? That's the purpose of this post.

Edited by Mayflower - 02 Nov 2013 at 16:32
scaramouche View Drop Down
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 16:41
you ask a question that will attract the same people to start the same arguements all over again, this thread will turn into another " it was his/her fault not mine."
A pointless and uneccessary post.

NO..I dont do the Fandango!
ES2 View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 16:45
Originally posted by scaramouche scaramouche wrote:

you ask a question that will attract the same people to start the same arguements all over again, this thread will turn into another " it was his/her fault not mine."
A pointless and uneccessary post.

She certainly had good intentions, though this thread will likely turn into another propaganda filled thread if it gains attention if given the opportunity. I imagine this thread will be more used if the other two get locked.
Eternal Fire
Grego View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 16:56
Maybe you should read all 20 pages of Politics & Diplomacy to get rough picture how and why this latest war emerged.
tansiraine View Drop Down
Wordsmith
Wordsmith

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 16:56
ok.. why I am at war...

Cause I am in H? like you I am supporting my alliance.  My opinions on the war and all that intails is it sucks.  Also me being who I am and from the reasons i have seen in forums and GC and heard from other players do not warrant a war of this size.  I think it will hurt Illy in a whole.  

So I do not support the war but I will fight in it cause I Support my Alliance.
Gragnog View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 17:02
Originally posted by Mayflower Mayflower wrote:

Hi all.

Now I know that most of you may be thinking this is another war propoganda post or something. I assure you it's not. I'm not going to express any opinions here because quite frankly, I don't have any. And that is the problem. While I am involved in this war, I have no personal reason to be, other than the fact that I wish to stand by my alliance and remain loyal. I do know bits and pieces, but I was never personally involved so I don't want to make up my opinion based on a story that everyone tells differently.

I'm hoping that some of you nice people involved could tell us why you started fighting/what you hope to achieve by the end of the war? Gold, justice, vengeance or something else? I'm sure you all have different reasons, and I would like to hear them. And please, no finger-pointing, just your own reasons. You might say you're fighting because you think this alliance is a bully, but don't start blaming and arguing about who started it please. I don't wish for this post to degenerate into another hate war. Just state your own reasons please.

So what I hope to achieve here today is to understand why you guys are fighting. I am not saying we shouldn't fight; I am not saying we should. All I'm aiming for is a clearer picture of this war, both for me and for others out there. Who knows, this might even help in future peace talks, which would probably be smoother if the warring alliances understood each other better.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope you can help by sharing your reasons.

I will try be brief. I am in the war not because of the reasons it started but because my alliance is at war and I support my alliance. This is a war game, with other aspects as well, and thus I play it as such.
Kaggen is my human half
Deranzin View Drop Down
Postmaster
Postmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 17:46
Originally posted by Mayflower Mayflower wrote:

What exactly do you hope to achieve? Say if your enemy surrendered tomorrow, what would you ask from them? That's the purpose of this post.

Eh, I thought you wanted to hear the reasons people fight, not the goals of the few specific leaders that run each alliance. Of course noone is going to post such a thing in public ... well ok, maybe Hathaldir would ... LOL

abstractdream View Drop Down
Postmaster General
Postmaster General

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 18:16
TVM fights because if we don't our cities would be sieged away. We were declared on with no warning and to this day no explanation but it's pretty clear we were targeted to draw in our friends. Regardless of the reasons we wont bow down so we fight on.

As for what we want? We want to win.
Bonfyr Verboo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic